For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
catskites's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 3:23 AM

Can't access my att.net e-mail anymore

I have an old att.net e-mail ... used to be worldnet.att.net .... I currently have Uverse, but they said I couldn't transfer my email ID .... but they said I could continue using it ...and I have ...I've had the same e-mail for over 10 years.

I got an e-mail (!!! ... really? an E-MAIL!) from AT&T yesterday saying that my account had been compromised and my password had been suspended. How do I know this??? I couldn't sign on from any device and I finally bit the bullet and did a password reset ... and discovered the AT&T e-mail notice. Makes perfect sense for them to e-mail me saying my account was suspended ... NOT!

Anyway, I can now access my e-mail via webmail ... using my internet browser.

I have used Outlook for eons ... and can get my e-mail on my phone and iPod.

But, not anymore.

I have four sub-accounts and they are all still working fine on Outlook (three belong to family members that use Outlook and the fourth and an alternate for me and it's still working fine) It's just my "main" account that I can't access on Outlook or anything else .... not phone or iPod ...

The settings are exactly the same as the other accounts .... and I tried the "inbound.att.net" settings (I'm using

"pop.att.yahoo.com") ... nothing! .... and yes, I did update the password.

What in the world has happened?

HELP!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I don't know where the settings are in webmail.  Can you walk me through it?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Where do I find this....  I know how to access webmail but I don't know where to click to check these settings.  Please help.

I signed into webmail, made sure the POP was selected under "POP and forwarding" and I also checked the "turn on SSL" .... since all of my account settigns were set to use SSL .... it needed to be ON.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have user ID on att.net      I can't remember ID or password.  Please help. Margaret 7-29-2018

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm unable to find the way to update information on my att.net email account.  All access to that account has been blocked saying that I need to update my password.  I follow all the links and nothing works. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.