Protect yourself online
heres2u's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 2:12 AM

Can't access email account anymore

I have had my free email account for years.  I tried to log on a few days ago and it won't let me. I've tried every suggestion given online through troubleshooting, but no luck. I've tried to talk to someone over the phone, no luck.  I've even chatted online with someone, no luck.  I think I've been hacked. I'm expecting some very important email messages.  Pease help.  This is my primary email address.....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

heres2u,

Here is a link with helpful information in case you believe your email account has been hacked.

My AT&T email account may have been hacked, phished, or compromised

James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My account has not been hacked or phished - I was logged into my account and then logged out.  I tried to log into another ID and received a message that I could not log in and should contact att.  I then tried to back into my main ID - never have had a problem and received the same message.

it appears that yahoo has instituted some changes that att.net users are not aware of - could you please advise?  I am a free att.net user but the yahoo help desk icon does not respond and so I am stuck without any information.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I am seeing a similar issue.  The only way I have been able to see my email on any of my att.net accounts is using Safari on a MacBook.

I have tried Firefox from Linux, Windows and MacOS (all separate machines).  Clicking on Sign-in does nothing.  The news window is also blank.

I tried IE and see the news windows but get the following when clicking on Sign-in:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Regards,

John D.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm having a similar problem.  About two weeks ago, I can no longer access email through yahoo - getting a 704 error.  Neither AT&T nor Yahoo folks can seem to figure it out.  I moved houses and now my free email account through yahoo doesn't work.  Which is bizarre because it's not supposed to be tied to an address!  Let me know if you managed to find a solution!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I can only log in via webmail. Only get a invalid password error with any email program. Tired of the run around, have tried 4 different email programs, two different PCs. Spare me the "your new rank is" private emails AT&T or the "but if you can send from web mail it is not our problem" comments. That's just being irritating - particularly since the email worked fine up until the 27th of june and I made no changes pre-outage.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same issue with my bellsouth.net email..ATT will not help but they are the ones causing the issue by forcing an upgrade I didn't want or need. & of course no one @ ATT knows anything and I keep getting the same auto message about having no support for free email.. I'm telling you they just suck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I woke up  yesteray to find my yahoo accounts inaccessible. For years they had been forwarded to my gmail account. Now they are not being forwarded and I can't access them directly. When I try to get help from Yahoo it automatically sends me to ATT and so far ATT has not been able to help. They said they don't know why it isn't working. Meanwhile i can't get my emails. Can someone help me?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i have the same problem

I have had my free email account for years.  I tried to log on a few days ago and it won't let me. I've tried every suggestion given online through troubleshooting, but no luck. I've tried to talk to someone over the phone, no luck.  I've even chatted online with someone, no luck. I have changed many times passwords , no luck. Att gave me 6 numbers to reset my password , no luck.   I think I've been hacked. I'm expecting some very important email messages.  Pease help.  This is my primary email address.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same problems. Mine says they don't recognize the email account. Had to change password and it still won't let me access my account.  If they have such great technicians why can't they fiqure out what is wrong!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I CAN NOT LOG INTO MY ATT.NET EMAIL.

VERY FRUSTATING. H0W CAN I GET HELP. I CANNOT REMEMBER MY SECURITY ANSWERS. IT HAS BEEN SO LONG.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.