Protect yourself online
cigtoxdoc's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 2:07 PM

Can no longer receive POP3 e-mail from bellsouth.net e-mail account

I use evolution 3.20.5 running under Ubuntu 16.04 for my POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts.  All my POP3 accounts are working fine exceot for bellsouth.net.  I can send e-mail without a problem  Get "Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed out" error.  All last week this error was intermittent.  Now the only way I can get my bellsouth e-maikl is through web mail.  My server, port and security settings are correct.

What has changed?

Johjn

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

The solution came from evolution-list@gnome.org.  Apparently something that affectted all AT&T-based POP accounts required a minor change in settings for evolution.  The tick box Disbable support for all POP3 extensions must be ticked.

John

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@yahooisssue said:

We can’t change our password if the reset is sent to the email we can’t get into.

You didn't have to choose your primary email address as the recovery address.  It could be any email address, e.g., a gmail address.  But it's too late to change that now.  Try changing your password through Forgot ID/Password.  Besides giving you the option to send to your recovery email address it also can accept your security questions or send a password by snail mail.  My guess your last resort is the snail mail option.

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @cigtoxdoc,

We apologize about the issues, but we will be glad to help. The settings may have changed since the last time you checked. Here is an article that goes over the settings to use. You may want to even try the IMAP options if possible with your client E-mail program.

-ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

231.2K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. This is the best part of the forums. We will update our troubleshooting article.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am using an ameritech.net email POP account and I am still having the same problem, the proposed solution by evolution-list is not working for me. Any other clue?, I don't see a way to setup an alternative IMAP server on evolution.

Please help.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

fretta

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

can not get my bellsouth.net email. can not reset password. When I try to change password it will send email password to my bellsouth.net email that I can not get?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Having same issue.  Try to reset password but it sends to email address that I cannot access.  Is there a resolution.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do I get my email???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have not been able to receive any email since July 7, 2017. This is the error code that comes up. POP3 server, 0x80042110

How can this be fixed. 

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

6 years ago

Is there a similar solution for Outlook 2010 users unable to send from an "alias"@bellsouth.net account?  I don't see anything in the Outlook settings similar to the suggested solution to the evolution user such as "disable support for all POP3 extensions". 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.