Protect yourself online
Anonymous2017's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 29th, 2017 3:56 PM

Can I keep my bellsouth.net email address if I cancel my Uverse Internet service?

Can I keep my bellsouth.net email address if I cancel my Uverse Internet service?

I believe bellsouth.net is hosted by yahoo, but I don't know if that guarantees I keep my old email address.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

You will keep your email! Just be sure to login periodically to keep it active.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I contacted AT&T, they did confirm I would keep my email if I chose to discontinue my service.

At this time I have decided to continue with AT&T.

Thanks for the accurate response!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I want to keep my address--but not have AT&T controls nor Yahoo?  How can I get independent use of my long-time bellsout.net  email address with all these switch-outs?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I cancelled my Uverse Internet service and my email was hacked into.  I am unable to reset my password online and cannot obtain customer service support.  I keep getting directed to the website which does not work.  I am completely out of commission with respect to my email account. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Never got an answer to this question!

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

The answer is listed above already. You keep the email if you cancel.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

I am sorry to hear that, @kprescott. Without any paid AT&T services, there is no customer service support available for AT&T email.

Curator

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I hear it will go away after a year, when the sbcglobal.net is not connected to a paid att account. Is that correct?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@thefinmister wrote:

I hear it will go away after a year, when the sbcglobal.net is not connected to a paid att account. Is that correct?

That may be true, but I've never heard it.  @ATTU-verseCare, can we get a ruling on that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.