Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blocking emails from .de

Contributor

Blocking emails from .de

Within the past few weeks I've noticed an increase in the amount of spam coming from .de addresses. Does anyone know a way to globally block emails coming from .de?  It's very time-consuming to block 20-30 individual emails each day.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎09-18-2018 10:55 AM

Re: Blocking emails from .de

Create a filter that matches all From addresses that end with .de and send them to the trash, spam, wherever.  If you are using the webmail click the gear->settings->filters.  If you are using an email client then use it's filtering (sometimes called "rules" in some clients) capabilities.  You can't totally block these things but at least filters allow you to intercept them from getting into your inbox.

Note, if those .de emails are already in your spam box in the webmail then filtering won't work since the yahoo spam filters have precedence over user defined settings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

For some reason, this didn't work for me.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@Peachekeen

That's because my answer was written back in July based on the limited information the OP supplied.

All the OP said was the email address ended with .de.  He wasn't very clear whether the spam was getting into his inbox or spam box.   I assumed it was getting past the spam filters and into the inbox.  On that basis I replied.

A few weeks after this thread started there was another thread about spam from cbd...@xxxx.de.  I don't know if the OP here was seeing this spam or not.  But FWIW, there's a rather long thread on that cbd spam here.

Bottom line, if the stuff is already being filtered into the spam box there is not much you can do with the limited tools provided by yahoo.  Blocking has no pattern matching other than blocking entire email domains.  And domain blocking is useless if the spammer varies the email domain, which many do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support