Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Tutor

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Hi, I'm the syadmin of an ESP.   For some reason most of our users with ATT email addresses are unable to receive emails from the system.  We've tried numerous times reporting the issue to ATT blocks, however the issue still exists and our users are getting frustrated.  Can you help please?   

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  We use Elastic Email as our Email service provider.  They believe you are blocking our domain for some reason, as they have already moved us to another ip. 

Here's an example of the error we are getting:

553 5.3.0 alph154 DNSBL:RBL 521<64.159.65.119 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

This affects most of the IPs in our netblock (64.159.65.0/24) but not all.  

We've reported this many times now and gotten no reply. It's been over a month.  We've gone through every remediation step listed here:

http://rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html

Filled out the form here a number of times:

http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

We emailed:

abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I tried this form as well:

http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request2.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Tags (2)
Message 335 of 1,367
Contributor

Please remove our IP from your blacklist

Hello. Our company email has been blacklisted recently. Our hosting support has helped and corrected the issue. Please remove us from the blacklist. Thank you so much!

IP listed: 173.236.86.20

Remote-MTA: dns; al-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 alph153 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 173.236.86.20 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

Tags (2)
Message 871 of 1,367
Contributor

remove IP from AT&T spam blacklist

I read through external tipps and forum entries here, and the only way to get an IP resolved seems to be a message here.
The spam removal website has been down for a while, at least a couple of months now: http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

<xxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net>: host
ff-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net[144.160.159.22] said: 553 5.3.0 flpd578
DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< OUR-IP >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this
email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

I checked Spamhaus and Symantec, both have no spam information on our IP, neither has a list of other blacklists we regularly check. Please remove our IP from the blacklist filters - I will gladly give you the IP in a private message.

Message 872 of 1,367
Former Employee

Re: Blocked IP help.

@Steven0001,

The block has been removed.

Thanks,

-john

If you are making a request to have an IP removed from the AT&T RBL, we do require the specific IP from the NDR that is being received. If you do not feel comfortable posting it publicly, feel free to direct message it to me.
Message 873 of 1,367
Former Employee

Re: remove IP from AT&T spam blacklist

Hello,

As the bounceback states, "For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net"

If you already have forwarded the email, and have not received a response, we will require the IP that is listed in the email and we can check and have it removed it needed.

Thanks,

-john

If you are making a request to have an IP removed from the AT&T RBL, we do require the specific IP from the NDR that is being received. If you do not feel comfortable posting it publicly, feel free to direct message it to me.
Message 874 of 1,367
Former Employee

Re: Please remove our IP from your blacklist

@midpath168,

I have sent a request to have the IP removed.  I will reply when I get a response.

Thanks,

-john

Message 875 of 1,367
Contributor

How long does the email process usually take? Just want to make sure that I'm setting a sensible reminder, I read horror stories of 4 to 6 weeks without any reaction to mails written to the address above Smiley Happy

Message 876 of 1,367
Former Employee

@magmell,

It completely depends on workload.  If you have emailed and the block still exists after 7 days, then we can take a look.

Thanks,

-john

Message 877 of 1,367
Former Employee

Re: Re: BLOCKED IP ADDRESS STILL AFTER 6 MONTHS OF REQUESTS AND FORMS

@midpath168,

The block has been removed.  Please allow 24 hours to process and propagate.

Thanks,

-john

Message 878 of 1,367
Contributor

Thank you, John! Is there a way to check/test the removal? We don’t want to send test emails to clients. Thanks again!
Message 879 of 1,367
Contributor

@iamiJohn

I have sent a direct message to ATT Cares to fix my issues. 

Message 880 of 1,367
Contributor

@iamiJohn

I have also sent you a private message regarding the same blacklisted IP issue.

Thank you,
Andrew

Message 881 of 1,367
Former Employee

Re: Blacklist Removal

@midpath168,

I checked this morning and the block is removed.

Thanks,

-john

Message 882 of 1,367
Tutor

Unblock / Delist IP request

Because my server's shared IP address was being blocked by Microsoft (found one of my clients was marking forwarded email to her Hotmail account as spam), and they were unresponsive to delist requests, I moved mail traffic from one IP address to a new one on the same server. Now this previously dormant IP (for nearly a year) is being blocked by AT&T.  I respectfully request a delist. Here is one of the error messages received by a client:

host al-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net [144.160.235.143]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<(redacted for privacy)>:
    553 5.3.0 alph140 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 67.225.252.167 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

Can you please assist? Thank you!

Message 883 of 1,367
Contributor

I have sent several messages to 'abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net' but cannot get a response back. Can someone at AT&T check IP 13.111.20.209 and see if the block can be lifted?

Message 884 of 1,367
Contributor

Hello, I am having the same issues as everyone above, no response back from abuse_rbl.  Can someone please check on 35.163.141.36?  I am the owner of the mail server in question.  Thank you!

Message 885 of 1,367
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support