Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Tutor

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Hi, I'm the syadmin of an ESP.   For some reason most of our users with ATT email addresses are unable to receive emails from the system.  We've tried numerous times reporting the issue to ATT blocks, however the issue still exists and our users are getting frustrated.  Can you help please?   

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  We use Elastic Email as our Email service provider.  They believe you are blocking our domain for some reason, as they have already moved us to another ip. 

Here's an example of the error we are getting:

553 5.3.0 alph154 DNSBL:RBL 521<64.159.65.119 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

This affects most of the IPs in our netblock (64.159.65.0/24) but not all.  

We've reported this many times now and gotten no reply. It's been over a month.  We've gone through every remediation step listed here:

http://rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html

Filled out the form here a number of times:

http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

We emailed:

abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I tried this form as well:

http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request2.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Tags (2)
Message 335 of 1,364
Contributor

Re: Remove my IP from your Blacklist sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net

I wish to add my voice to the chorus of thousands of legitimate email providers who have posted on this forum about their email server IP addresses being erroneously blacklisted by AT&T. Like all the others I have followed the guidelines suggested by AT&T and have repeatedly emailed abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net for redress. And like everyone else, all I ever receive are automated replies saying AT&T investigates every request and will remove the block in 24-48 hours, which they never do.

I recently set up a new dedicated server with a well-respected hosting provider. I immediately tested the IP addresses assigned to the server and found that none of them appeared on any searchable Real-time Blackhole Lists. It was only after I had fully configured the server, firewall, outbound email restrictions and reverse DNS that I sent an email to sbcglobal.net to test whether the IP addresses were blocked. They all were. With the assistance of the hosting provider I then tested another series of IP addresses and they were also blocked. It appears that AT&T does not blacklist individual IP addresses, but entire netblocks.

I don't expect this post to result in de-listing of my IP addresses, so I'm not going to bother posting them. I just think it's important that the extent of this problem is documented and understood. Thousands of people have reported this problem in this forum so we can assume that tens of thousands have had the same problem but have not found this forum or bothered to post. That's not tens of thousands of email users, it's tens of thousands of email service providers, each representing hundreds or thousands of email users unable to send mail to their family or friends who are customers of AT&T. The extent of this problem is likely to be many millions of legitimate email messages being blocked every day by AT&T.

I suggest the following solutions:

1. AT&T is obviously incapable of maintaining their own RBL (Real-lame Blackhole List), so they should simply subscribe to one or more legitimate Real-time Blackhole Lists, such as SpamCop, Spamhaus, SORBS, etc. Those RBLs are well-maintained and responsive to de-listing requests.

2. Until this problem is resolved, every affected email service provider should block incoming mail from AT&T and its affiliate domains. There is no reason for our email users to be bothered by AT&T customers if they will be blocked from responding.

Message 1321 of 1,364
Contributor

STILL BLOCKED!!

PLEASE UNBLOCK OUR IP's!

We have sent multiple inquiries over multiple days and the following IP is still blocked.

Our customers are missing important transactional emails.

IPs

Tickets:

011819-175714-49315-00

012419-190033-16640-00

Message 1322 of 1,364
Contributor

Same problem as many others here- ATT reports that my server's IP address is on their blocklist.

Have tried emailing abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net many times and have included all information including copies of the bounce messages and the server IP address; haven't received any reply aside from the autoresponder.  

Server's PTR record is correct and is not listed in any of the blocklists checked by sites such as mxtoolbox. 

Server's IP address: 52.10.183.7 (an AWS address)

Meanwhile, my customers are complaining because they can't get emails through to sbcglobal addresses...  this is really frustrating.

Message 1323 of 1,364
Contributor

Re: Blacklist Removal

It takes too long to get this resolved. I literally cannot talk to other moms who have AT&T email. We are working on a musical with time -sensitive information and a group of 100 volunteers. I am now stuck - helpless to communicate to the group.

Message 1324 of 1,364
Contributor

Re: Blacklisted, How to remove?

We are having the same problem.

Can we please have 104.168.141.133 removed.

This is a legitimate business and this is hurting our business!!

Thank you in advance!

Message 1325 of 1,364
Contributor

Re: blacklist removal assistance

http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

the blacklist removel link is not working 

Message 1326 of 1,364
Contributor

Hi there we are being blocked as well:

Rejected (144.160.159.21:25:553 5.3.0 flpd576 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 209.222.82.57 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net(at FROM))

Please remove our IPs:

Message 1327 of 1,364

Hi there !

Please remove 66.70.176.71.

This is a legitimate IP. We're not sending spam !

Thanks.

Message 1328 of 1,364
Contributor

Is abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net not being monitored any more?

How do we get off of AT&T's blocklist.  It can't be this hard to get in contact with a real person to look into this.

Message 1329 of 1,364

I don't know, but if they are still instructing you to use that email, you
certainly should try. As others have noted, it can take a while to get off
the list. Bummer.
Message 1330 of 1,364
Contributor

Actually, I originally wrote them on February 8th about this.  Haven't heard a peep from them.

They don't care.  We're not a big company.  We don't have enough of a following to inflict any harm to them.  So what if our users can't email AT&T users... who cares!  We're just little peons.

Message 1331 of 1,364
Contributor

Someone finally responded and the blacklist has been cleared.

Message 1332 of 1,364
Tutor

Re: Cannot get IP removed from block list

PLEASE HELP! I was migrate to a new server but the ip is blocked for ATT, the IP is 64.91.229.254.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards.

Message 1333 of 1,364
Contributor

Hello AT&T 

I filled out the form two weeks ago and have contacted you over the provided abuse email multiple times.

Can you please remove:

It is 100% clean. 

Message 1334 of 1,364
Contributor

As of 1/9/2019, I can't receive any emails from my son's school (all communication is via Memberhub, 

54.240.38.128), and this is causing huge problems. Everything was working fine for 3+ years until now.

PLEASE REMOVE 54.240.38.128.  Memberhub is a fully legit service.

Thank you.

Message 1335 of 1,364
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support