Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Tutor

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Hi, I'm the syadmin of an ESP.   For some reason most of our users with ATT email addresses are unable to receive emails from the system.  We've tried numerous times reporting the issue to ATT blocks, however the issue still exists and our users are getting frustrated.  Can you help please?   

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  We use Elastic Email as our Email service provider.  They believe you are blocking our domain for some reason, as they have already moved us to another ip. 

Here's an example of the error we are getting:

553 5.3.0 alph154 DNSBL:RBL 521<64.159.65.119 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

This affects most of the IPs in our netblock (64.159.65.0/24) but not all.  

We've reported this many times now and gotten no reply. It's been over a month.  We've gone through every remediation step listed here:

http://rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html

Filled out the form here a number of times:

http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

We emailed:

abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I tried this form as well:

http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request2.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Tags (2)
Message 335 of 1,314

Re: blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net. DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse

Hi, I'm the moderator of a very large forum.  We receive about 600,000 visitors a month and our active forum and classifieds are very popular (we have the most popular site in our niche)..  For some reason all users with ATT email addresses are able to receive emails form the system, so a lot of emails are sent from our server (approx 50k a month due to forum replies and contacting each other in the classifieds section).  We've tried numerous times reporting the issue to ATT blocks, however the issue still exists and many of our users are frustrated.  Can you help please.  Approx 500 of our members use ATT email addresses, so we get a lot of complaints that they're able receiving messages from the site (i.e. they aren't able to receive inquiries to items they post in the Classifieds or replies to their forum posts). 

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  We use Elastic Email as our Email service provider.  They believe you are blocking our domain for some reason, as they have already moved us to another ip. 

ATT bouncing error messages are:

Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: 521-176.31.140.93 blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net.
521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse. See http://att.net/blocks

We've already reports this 3 times now and it's been a month and the problem still exists!  Please help!  I can provide any site details needed, to help resolve. 

Message 1 of 1,314
Tutor

Your ptr record with your ISP needs to be set to resolve to your mail server dns name.  Only your ISP can do this for you.  To check this...

Open a command prompt.

Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each one.

nslookup

set type=ptr

d.c.b.a.in-addr.arpa  (where d.c.b.a is your mail server ip address a.b.c.d typed backwards)

For example, if your ip address is 10.11.12.13, you would type 13.12.11.10.in-addr.arpa

This should return the dns name of your mail server.  If it returms a dns name that reflects your isp's record of your ip address, then there's your problem.  You must have your ptr record in place before requesting an unblock from ATT.

Message 2 of 1,314
Contributor

I have done this. As far as I can tell my server is not on any blacklist and PTR and SPF records are all correct and up to date as far as I can tell. Yet my server is blocked from senting to att.com accounts.

Any Ideas?
Message 3 of 1,314
Tutor

Cannot get IP removed from block list

I've been trying for 10 days to get an IP removed from ATT's block list.   None of my clients can email any ATT services.  I checked all spam lists and the IP is not on any of them.  I've had no response to the 9 form submissions at http://att.net/blocks .  I need to get this resolved immediately.

Thanks

Message 4 of 1,314
Contributor

Is there a list of block website so the public can see

I have been tring to learn to build websites (wordpress and Html) and have been using 000webhost for my testing but the couple of weeks i have not been able to access the site or ftp to my site because of at&t. I tried my pc (Windows) and laptop (Mac) same results. It is not a DNS cache or cookie thing, I cleared everytihng i could think of. I also reset the router thinking it was something in it. 

1. Is there a list of blocked site and reason why?

2. Is the a time that the site will able to accessed?

3. Is it time to move to Time warner or Verizon?  

Its a AT&T thing because i can see and login at work and my cell phone.   

Message 5 of 1,314
Contributor

blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net. 521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse

Am I missing something? I have used a forwarder for my domain to forward to an att.net email address for years and all of a sudden, during the past week, I stop getting email through my domains address. Apparently sbc has it blocked and I can't seem to find ANYONE within AT&T who has a clue of who to speak to to resolve this issue. Apparently the people who operate my domain's mail server have run into the same problems I have because they just tell me "We are aware of the problem and are working with AT&T but they aren't much help."... this is getting to the point of being rediculous, especially when I read of many others on here who are having the same problem...

Any suggestions? I really need my personal email address restored.

Message 6 of 1,314
Tutor

Blocked by Blacklist

Hi there. We just moved a business website to a brand new server in a new datacenter. And this is very upsetting:

host scc-mailrelay.att.net [204.127.208.75]: 521-96.8.125.49 blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net.
   521 DNSRBL: Blocked for abuse. See http://att.net/blocks
How can we get ourselves unblocked? I read the previous forum posts but people are saying it's taking 6+ months to get unblocked. This is very damaging to our business. This business does local security only, such as apartments, etc. Now it's making it difficult to communicate with those that use ATT. 

Message 7 of 1,314
Former Employee

Re: Blocked by Blacklist

Hello, ashkir!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your site is being blocked. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can help.

In your message, please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

-Mariana

Message 8 of 1,314
Former Employee

Re: Is there a list of block website so the public can see

Hello, Bert_987!

Thanks for posting. If your site is being blocked, you can click on the link below to request that it be removed from the blacklist.

Blacklist Removal Request

-Mariana

Message 9 of 1,314
Contributor

Re: blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net.

Hi,

I'm also receiving this error and would like help to figure out why we are getting blocked and what I need to do to fix this.

When anyone from our organization sends email to anyone affliated with At&t's domains, for example: pacbell.net and att.net, we receive a bounceback error stating we are blocked.

Below are some of the errors we get:

user@att.net on Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:06:50 -0800
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email 
server. Please contact your system administrator. 
<(EmailServerName) #5.5.0 smtp;521-(Mail Server IP address) blocked by 
sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net.>

user@pacbell.net on Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:16:49 -0800 
The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the 
server. Please contact your Administrator. 
<(Email Server Name) #5.3.0 smtp;553 5.3.0 nlpi166 DNSBL:ATTRBL 
521< (Email Server IP address)
>_is_blocked.__For_information_see_http://att.net/blocks>

Message 10 of 1,314

We are becoming victims of ATNT WEBSITE BLOCKING

Atnt is now blocking websites from 000webhost and hostinger

100,000s of websites are blacklisted.

my site sc2clanowned.tk is block , as soon as i tether to phone its unblock.

We can now no loger host websites on multiple servers without fear of atnt blocking them

The fact is they were not legally allowed to block websites before the net neutrality ruling.

They are now blocking innocent peoples websites because of millicious activity of 1 of website on the same server. 

we going to have to switch isps or use proxys now just like in china. 

Message 11 of 1,314

Re: We are becoming victims of ATNT WEBSITE BLOCKING

finalturismo wrote:

Atnt is now blocking websites from 000webhost and hostinger

100,000s of websites are blacklisted.

my site sc2clanowned.tk is block , as soon as i tether to phone its unblock.

We can now no loger host websites on multiple servers without fear of atnt blocking them

The fact is they were not legally allowed to block websites before the net neutrality ruling.

They are now blocking innocent peoples websites because of millicious activity of 1 of website on the same server. 

we going to have to switch isps or use proxys now just like in china. 

@finalturismo 

I had no problem reaching your site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Message 12 of 1,314
Contributor

blocked web site

The princess.com web site is blocked when I try to access from my residence. However a few miles from my community at an electronics retailer there is now problem. So,what is going on?

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 1,314
Contributor

blacklist removal assistance

We recently changed hosting companies and therefore IP addresses.  Aparently the new IP address was on AT&T blacklist.  I have submitted 3 removal requests though (http://att.net/blocks) over the last 4 weeks and we are still getting blocked.  Who can I talk to about getting assistance?

Message 14 of 1,314
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support