Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Tutor

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Hi, I'm the syadmin of an ESP.   For some reason most of our users with ATT email addresses are unable to receive emails from the system.  We've tried numerous times reporting the issue to ATT blocks, however the issue still exists and our users are getting frustrated.  Can you help please?   

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  We use Elastic Email as our Email service provider.  They believe you are blocking our domain for some reason, as they have already moved us to another ip. 

Here's an example of the error we are getting:

553 5.3.0 alph154 DNSBL:RBL 521<64.159.65.119 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

This affects most of the IPs in our netblock (64.159.65.0/24) but not all.  

We've reported this many times now and gotten no reply. It's been over a month.  We've gone through every remediation step listed here:

http://rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html

Filled out the form here a number of times:

http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

We emailed:

abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I tried this form as well:

http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request2.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Tags (2)
Message 335 of 1,363
Contributor

Re: It seems our server may be blacklisted on AT&amp;T?

Hi, 

I manage a family business, and for the last few years you have block our emails.

Any customer with an att.net, sbcglobal.net, etc email acount cannot get any emails from us. This includes order confirmations and password resets for our website. And when they attempt 3, 4, 5, 6, 12 password resets.... when they call us in the morning they are FURIOUS. Which we've done nothing to be on your list. I've tried your email help for removal but that goes no where.

So please UNBLOCK  69.175.94.10

This would save us from so many unwarranted angry phone calls. 

Message 1351 of 1,363
Contributor

Hello!
We are provide resume writing services.

Many users from @SBCGLOBAL.NET are leave orders with us ( resumeyard.com ) and we cant reply them back!
They cant activate their accounts because of email with activation link are blocked by you.

Please UNBLOCK 144.217.112.49

Message 1352 of 1,363
Contributor

Re: Blocked IP help

To whom it may concern,
We (skillroads.com) are resume writing service provider.
We are facing an issue with sending emails to our clients. Many users from @sbcglobal.NET are asking for refunds due to the fact that they do not receive payment confirmation email and forced to leave our service.
The reason our customers can't receive emails from us is that their emails with activation link are blocked by you.
Please UNBLOCK 144.217.112.49

Thanks!

Message 1353 of 1,363
Highlighted
Contributor

Just a heads up people.  I posted here on the 9th.  I also emailed the abuse email account every other day.  Finally, on the 4th attempt to ATT, I finally got an email back from postmaster stating they would clear the block (not the automated email that is sent after you email abuse).  Seems you just need to be persistent with emailing the abuse email with the same email.  BTW send the email to them under a domain that isn't blocked, for instance, I used my alternate business Gmail account.

Sean180

Message 1354 of 1,363

Hello, I'm the syadmin of an Infotrax. I have had this issue come up for other clients of ours in the past a couple of years and this has been the only way to get email problems fixed. ATT, scbglobal and Bellsouth email addresses are unable to receive emails from the system. 

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  

relay=al-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net[144.160.235.144]:25, delay=0.37, delays=0.01/0.01/0.28/0.07, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (host al-ip4-mx-vip2.prodigy.net[144.160.235.144] said: 553 5.3.0 alph735 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 192.41.55.156 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

I found an issue in the spf record for our client where they had a space in the middle of the server name for the include statement. I helped them make the change and now on a couple of different site the spf record look much better and is showing green without an error.  

Can i get 192.41.55.156 unblocked,

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Message 1355 of 1,363

I still have not heard anything. I resent my email to the abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net yesterday. Now today i have sent it again this time also from my personal gmail account. if anyone can look at the emails i have sent or work on the above please let me know. 

Message 1356 of 1,363
Contributor

We have turned up 3 new servers this past month and AT&T began immediately blocking email from those servers. The IP addresses have good reputations. I have forwarded the blocked emails to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net but only received the auto response. Please look into this. The IP addresses are:

Message 1357 of 1,363
Contributor

Re: Blacklist Removal

Our email is being blocked to att.net email addresses.  These are transactional emails with our customers and customer service is severely impacted. 

We do not show up on any email blacklists.  Please remove this block immediately.  Your customers with att.net email accounts are not receiving important emails about orders they have placed with us. 

The message received on the bounceback is:

ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net #<ff-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net #5.3.0 smtp; 553 5.3.0 flph836 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 68.188.19.78 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net> #SMTP#

I have forwarded this to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net but have not had any response. 

Message 1358 of 1,363
Contributor

Our email is being blocked by several AT&T domains:

ameritech.net, bellsouth.net, att.net, sbcglobal.net

I have checked mx toolbox and our email address is not appearing on any blacklists. I forwarded one of the blocked email responses to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net but did not receive any reply.

Here is the message from the blocked email response:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 flph828 DNSBL:RBL 521< 209.85.166.65 >_is_blocked.

Message 1359 of 1,363
Contributor

Hello I am writing on behalf of Taylor Brothers Architectural Products, Inc. in Los Angeles (www.taybros.com). We manage their email server with IP 66.212.16.106 which AT&T began blocking recently. Please unblock. This system is used for business email only and is not on any blacklists.

From AT&T servers: 

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553 5.3.0 flph821 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 66.212.16.106
    >_is_blocked.

Message 1360 of 1,363
Scholar

Is this thread for real? It needs to be removed and/or instructions for customers to get help on this issue instead of coming here where no real help can be provided. Please everyone just call 800-288-2020 for someone who will route you to the people who can help fix email blocking.

Message 1361 of 1,363
Contributor

Having 67.228.190.189 is killing us! Please remove

host al-ip4-mx-vip1.prodigy.net[144.160.235.143]
said: 553 5.3.0 alph765 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< 67.228.190.189 >_is_blocked.For
assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net (in reply to MAIL
FROM command)

Message 1362 of 1,363
Contributor

email is being blocked by bellsouth.net, att.net, sbcglobal.net

mx toolbox reports our IP address is not appearing on any blacklists. I forwarded one of the blocked email responses to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net but did not receive any reply.

said: 553 5.3.0 alph757 DNSBL:RBL 521< 13.57.100.103 >_is_blocked

Message 1363 of 1,363
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support