Need to update email settings?
chakradog's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 3:23 PM

att.net mail login

When Att disassociated itself from Yahoo earlier this year I was led to believe that I would gain access to my att.net emails through my "start.att.net" browser home page.  Recently I logged in to my home page and when I clicked to access my email I was sent to a Yahoo login page.  Was this a change that I wasn't notified about? or what?
[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have been going (from Chrome homepage) to start.att to access my email.  My firewall is  now constantly interrupting saying invalid site  without certification. Is start still the way to log on and check the email or is there a way the firewall would find more acceptable?

What is the safest way to log on for email.  I want to keep Chrome as the home page.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, that's my specific question, thanks, we'll see if someone knows the answer.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I suggest that in situations like these you try a different browser at least to see if it behaves differently.  Some of these problems are due to cookies so trying another browser with it's own set of cookies (none really the first time you use it) may indicate that your preferred browser has a cookie problem or something else (account problem). 

If the test browser does behave correctly then your preferred browser does have a cookie problem.  So in that case clear all its cookies, or if you don't want to be so radical and know how, clear only the att cookies.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, I blocked cookies, we'll see if this helps with the firewall interruptions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I get emails telling me my bellsouth.net (now viewed on Yahoo) is going to be deleted unless I reply to an email. The email return addresses are all for the UK. This is my husbands and my main email address. Has anyone heard of this or is it a scam, that someone has heard of. We did not request the closure of our bellsouth.net email account

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Has anyone heard of this or is it a scam

Yes, there's a whole bunch of threads on this phishing email.  Asking for personal info like a password is a tipoff.  Don't click anything and just trash it.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

6 years ago

Since un-merging from Yahoo, I've been able to access my email ending in att.net thru my att.net homepage, until a few weeks ago. Now I keep getting a Yahoo page where I have to login. I don't want to create a new login and password for Yahoo just to get my att.net emails. Did something change in March of 2018 to cause this?  Also....since I can't get my emails, all email notifications will be unread...I will check-in periodically to see any responses. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hello All,

I am having trouble logging into my Att.net email. I always logged onto it on my phone in a separate app. Now I dont know the password and trying to reset it and its not working. It said to create a yahoo password i did but need to use my att.net email and I cant get into it and need it for work. If someone can tell me how to reset my password and what site to use. This has been going on for 5 months

Please help Jennifer 

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

6 years ago

I have the exact same issue I called 611 and was told she logged into both att.net and yahoo.com with my username and my Tablet the ATT9020A Trek kept saying yahoo not available try later I didn't know they sperated but knew something was wrong so I finely had it! I changed it to Yahoo.com, I had a whole different screen name in 2012 and I did have Yahoo DSL. I didn't have att.net till 2015 so how come I just got into Yahoo on the Laptop and had over 10,000 email's with Yahoo going to 2015 when it say's you stopped supporting Merged email's in 2011! as soon as I get a wifi only tablet I will be getting a cheaper flip phone plan and since my Devices don't support ATT I'm done, I have Goverment WiFi so I don't neet to spend 67.00 on 4G that won't connect long. And I'm due for a upgrade and your suggesting a Smartphone? never! I have 2G with unlimited roll over and I use 3G in a few day's and it's slow ATT isn't IL, Bell my Grandmother and Aunt would be sick at what it's become. So your not right I have double email's but since I got rid of ATT I could care less it's a shell

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have to have access to my att.net email i have everything there

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.