Protect yourself online
soonergirl1273's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 4:17 PM

Att.net Email has been hacked - HELP!!!

I believe that my att.net email account has been hacked.  What steps should I take?  Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Here's a support article that will help you: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409170#fbid=EPni3hL70Nj

It contains a lot of great information about how to secure your information. 

Please let us know if you need any additional help!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

ATT Email iw run by Yahoo, and they've haed a huge security breach on Monday, they claimed it was fixed, and as of Tuesday evening, it is NOT.  My e mail has been hacked twice in 24 hours, even after changing passwords and running a complete sweep of my computer.

Bottom line is that Yahoo mail is horrid, and I can't believe AT&T continues to do business with such a shoddy service.  Here's more on the story.  Expect this problem to go on for a while.  

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/01/08/researchers-say-yahoo-mail-exploit-still-active-despite-claim-of-being-fixed/

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My email account was locked. This solution did not work for me. when I go to MyAT&T login page to reset my password, after enteering my email address I was prompted to give my billing zip code, even though this is a free account. I enter my zip anyway and I got a message:

We are sorry, but we are unable to assist you in resetting the password for your free email account. Please visit Email Support to learn more about your free email account.

Following this link eventually takes me back to the login page again. I am stuck in an endless loop.

Has anyone experience this? it is very frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have been having the same problem.  I can't get to reset my password.  I keep getting sent back to the same screens over and over again.  Can anyone please help.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yes, I need help. I have been locked out of 3 of my yahoo/at&t free email accounts that I have had for over 15 years. I am beyond angry!! The alternate emails addresses I provided is also one of the ones that is locked out!! What do I do??

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same issue and no help from at&t!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yes I am having the very same problem, My email was hacked and they locked me out. By they I mean the hacker, I have gone around and around with att about this. They told me I had to call tech support. So I did ! Here it goes, They wanted a one time fee of 149.00 dollars or I could sign up with them for a monthly fee of 16.00 dollars to fix my email account and get security from them. I blew my lid. First off I was talking to china, Another out sourced job, And the girl that I was talking too, told me in a round about way that the system was hacked and they are having a lot of problems with peoples email account being hacked. Then she went on to say that the email account was mine and not theirs so I had to pay to fix it. I have email accounts with other companies and this is the only one I have ever had hacked. Most companies provided security for there email service. All att is trying to do is make the customer pay for the coast of repairing the damage that the hackers have done. If this hacker uses my email to do something illegal and I get the blame for it, Att better watch out. And as far as paying them for security, They offer a free down load for security on your email, So why would I pay them. I think Att did this them self just so they could make some money off people.  I am going to close all my accounts with att just as soon as I can, I refuse to pay for jobs outside this country and I hate scammers, They are tiring to scam people out of there money to fix a problem that they are solely responsible for. OVER IT !

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Another victom here, been stuck in an endless loop trying to get access.  Got a text saying something about unusall activity and they have locked my account.   I cannot get past the 'security' questions as they are questions I would NEVER use, EVER!  The answers and questions don't match my notes as a side note.  Some help would be appreciated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

can't get into my att emails for 2 days.help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My email account was hacked about 10 days ago.  A screen had appeared saying my time on-line had expired and that I needed to sign in again.  Stupidly (in hindsight), I complied.  The next thing I knew, my correspondents got a "drop-box" email on Spam from "me."  Later, the hacker sent the "stranded-in-the-Philipines-send-money" email.  I changed my password, but find that certain (personal) emails are being blocked (still get all the commercial emails and ones from political sites asking for donations).  Do I have to change my email address, too, to get around these blocked emails from family and friends?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.