Protect yourself online
nkmeow's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2018 8:15 PM

Att classic mail

Are we going to be able to keep using the classic?  I really don't want to be forced out of my e-mail.  Didn't like the new look last time and really don't want the newer more improved version.  It will be way to confusing for me. I am sure I will not be the only one who doesn't want to be forced into this change.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

As I understand it if you don't switch to one of the so called "supported" browsers you will be "forced" to the classic layout.  Already if you don't use one of those browsers you should be in classic anyhow.  The only thing missing from classic is the ability to switch back to "full featured".

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I already have Chrome.  I just want to keep Classic mail as I have it now.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

So I assume nothing will change.  It will remain as basic as it does now.  I'm just a user here and have no control over this.  If they want to change they will change it.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

As I keep stating, I have Chrome which is one of the supported browsers and I don't want to switch to the new mail.  I have Classic now and want to keep it. No one yet has given me a real answer.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If they revert you to the new layout and don't remove the setting in settings->viewing mail->mail version (or whatever form that takes in the new layout) to select it as it presently has then select it.

I really don't understand all these posts about "will the new webmail be able to do or keep such and such".  Att has only said the new features are coming.  Period.  I don't work for att so anything I say is just speculation some educated guesses.  When the stuff comes, it comes.   Knowing what is going to be supported or not supported is not going to change anything.  They will do what they want to do.  I'm sure there will be a lot of complaints about everyone's favorite feature changing or disappearing when the updates happen.  Look at all the grumbling even now in the announcement thread (mostly, "leave the webmail alone" kinds of grumbling).

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I appreciate your thoughts but this is NOT a solution or answer.  It is a speculation based on your guess of what AT&T might be doing. I hope there is someone who actually can answer my question.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I said in paragraph 2 of post 6 it was "speculation some educated guesses".   This is as close an answer as you are going to get (I, by the way didn't flag it as a solution, a forum moderator did).  You are not going to get anybody from att coming on here and telling you what is or is not going to be ahead of time.  And I still don't understand why you are so obsessed now about knowing or not knowing.  How is that going to change anything?  Do you have a fall back plan?  Another email provider perhaps?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

If I have to use someone else, yes.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

What makes you think you are going to find a webmail which is as minimal as the basic layout you currently have?  As far as I know the yahoo basic is, IMO, so lobotomized no one is going to provide such a minimal interface since the majority of the population would never use it.  But good luck to you and happy hunting.  Maybe you will get lucky.  Or maybe, as I speculated, you won't have to change anything.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I completely understand.  My email switched to "classic" about a month ago and it is absolutely dreadful.  I hope that AT&T or Yahoo, whoever is doing this crap, gets this fixed.  This is absolutely ridiculous.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.