For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
IraR's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 5:08 AM

Assign email address to always go to inbox and never to spam folder

How do I assign an email address so that it always goes to my inbox instead of the spam folder. Is there a file that can be viewed and edited where these addresses are maintained ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@IraR wrote:

How do I assign an email address so that it always goes to my inbox instead of the spam folder. Is there a file that can be viewed and edited where these addresses are maintained ?

IraR,

Hello and welcome to the forum. Usually you can click on the email in your spam folder, it will then give you an option to choose " this is not spam" or "wait this isn't spam" that message will then automatically move to your inbox along with all future messages from that exact address.

James

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi James:
Thanks for the information.
?
Ira

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Folks (AT&T) you are thinking is in the wrong context. IraR is not asking about online access to att.net.  (I am a former worldnet.att.net client and have been using att.net since the 90's)

After that long tirade (which I have removed and reposted else where) I have now just reread the subject line of IraR post.

IraR wants to unblock an email address which is repeatedly flagged as spam and placed in the spam folder. Apparently IraR has been clicking “Not spam” but the message are still getting tagged.

Here I do not have answer, since that email address maybe on the "black list".  The owner of the email address will have contact both sending and receiving ISP.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Emails that I send to myself—or that I CC or BCC to myself—are going to spam. And when I hit "not spam" on those emails in my spam folder, they only temporarily leave spam.

Previously my account was spamming myself, and I kept marking those as "do you think your account was compromised?"..."Yes." Now I'm not getting spam from my own account but I can't cc myself either.

Maddening.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

This is happening to me as well.  I have emails that are coming from my contacts that I have been getting emails from for years that all of the sudden go to spam.  I mark them as "not spam", they go to my inbox for 2 seconds and then back to the spam folder.  It is maddening and I miss important emails.  I shouldn't have to check my junk email folder to get emails that shouldn't be going there in the first place.  I don't know why this even started happening.  I have never marked any of their messages as being "spam" in the first place.  There has to be a simpler solution then the sender having to contact two different ISP's.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The solution given by James to mark it as "Not Spam" does not work for me.  There is another issue that needs addressed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The "solution" doesn't solve the original post's question. They want to know how to make sure an address goes to INBOX not SPAM, not what to do after it has already happened and you have missed the emails.

Moving them only fixes it AFTER it has happened. Shouldn't have to be checking my SPAM for my INBOX emails.

Same thing here, suddenly an address that I have had going to my INBOX for years is now going straight to SPAM. I was able to mark them NOT SPAM and they moved back but WHY did they get redirected therre in the first place? What changed?

It used to be that this would happen and you would be advised to make sure that the address was in your contact list...mine is and it is still happeneing.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I am yet another person who has, all of a sudden, had many pieces going to spam when I have specific filters saying where I want them to go. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a political scheme by Yahoo, because most of them are politically liberal organizations. However, I also had family email go to spam, when all of the recipients are in my contact list! I'd rather have NO spam folder than have to check it each day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.