Protect yourself online
mshtexas's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 1:51 PM

Another horrible thing about the new ATT/Yahoo email format

As a new feature to this otherwise horrible email format....icon links were added right ON the email sender/subject line itself.  Ostensibly to make it easier to trash a particular email.....it is now oh so easy to ACCIDENTLY trash a new email.....simply by clicking in the wrong place on the email line to open it fully.  This happened to me several times.....which became a bewildering search to discover what happened to these important emails.  I finally realized that  it was now incredibly important to be absolutely sure where your cursor is positioned when fully opening an email.  Otherwise...1/16th of an inch can make the difference between your new email immediately disappearing into the trash bin or opening it for you to read.

THIS IS AN INSANELY IDIOTIC FEATURE AND NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED RIGHT AWAY.  The safest way to trash emails is to check the boxes and then click on the delete button elsewhere, or just highlight the email and move your cursor to the delete button.   

I did finally figure out how to reset the "conversation" mode for seeing the string of replies all in one place.  I personally want my NEW emails all together and my SENT emails all showing up in the SENT box....not strung together by the conversation.  Most back and forths are irrelevant and are very easy to keep in a separate folder for the ones that are important.

SOMEBODY...please notice how we all hate this email version and want the simpler Classic version back.  I avoided switching to the bitter end and was in shock when I was automatically converted.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I wholeheartedly agree with the thoughts expressed - I HATE YAHOO WEB MAIL ESPECIALLY THE NEW FORMAT!  I resented the manner in which my ATT email account was suddenly, without any announcement , taken over by Yahoo.  My family overseas suddenly coul not send me emails to ATT.net!  

This new format threading all same subject emails together can only sound good to the person who designed it but doesn't have to use it.  When I want to forward an email I don't know what I am actually sending on because of the threading!  Get us back to an OUT BOX and an INBOX and no threading of emails - I can determine myhself what I want to keep or discard.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.