Protect yourself online
Austx78745's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 21st, 2015 3:54 AM

ATT/Yahoo email account compromised???

I been receiving spam email over the last month from "Me". I marked them as spam and they have been sent to spam. Today I was asked by ATT.Net to login again. When I did a messafge alert came up. I did not continue but  Restarted my computer. Turned computer back on, email looked fine but I cannot delete, or get into my settings. I went to ATT and changed my password and updated my security questions.

I have had Yahoo email accounts hacked before a couple years ago. So I switch to ATT.Net.

Have my account been compromised and what can I do? Also where is the instructions for the dual verification?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks to all for the assistance.  Would you all believe that the problem was fixed by going back into the ATT web site - through Yahoo's change password option and trying to reset my password again?  Yep.... its now working and both the ATT password change and my yahoo email account are in synch.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I have an old pacbell.net email address from ages ago.  I was having the same problem described by several of you:

-logging into yahoo mail with email address/current pw

-clicking the 'Change password' link

-being sent to ATT, where I log in with same email/current pw

-changing the pw on ATT

-going back to yahoo mail, new pw doesn't work, old pw does (IOW, new pw does not propagate from ATT to yahoo)

I was finally able to solve the problem by using this form to reset the password from the old to the new.

Hope this helps. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My sbcglobal.net email has been hacked.  They changed my password and security questions so I am unable to access my account  and it is sending out spam to all of my contacts.  I called in but cannot remember my passcode so they won't help me.  They did offer to sign me up for a $15 per month  program to help but I cannot afford this.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  

Francis

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

All I can say is that I feel your pain.  I have had all my Apple devices hacked.  When I have called Apple, visited to the Apple Store, called Verizon, AT&T everyone is in denial.  If not in denial that claim its the other guy.  Apple blames Verizon, Verizon blames Apple, AT&T denies having a relationship with Yahoo.  But my email account has Yahoo all over it.  The sickening part is that they claim that you don't have to have the same email password as your actual account password.   If you do it's something you are doing wrong.  You clicked on a link you shouldn't have.  Well as soon as I type in att.net the browser brings me to a AT&T powered by Yahoo.  So what's up with that.  No Relationship really.  Now if you now that this is happening to your customers wouldn't it be a good idea to let them know?  If you know that browser can redirect your customer to the wrong area more often than not, what can you do to help?  Everyone does not have a degree in Information Technology.  We are coming of age to learn that there are more cybercrooks than cybersecurity advocates.  It a big business.  

I am so tried of the high tech companies blaming the consumer for its problems.  The problem is there are not enough measures being taken to protect consumer information.  If the consumer's information is at risk, don't you think the companies information would be exposed to the same risk.  Wake up you Tech giants and reach down to help the little guy and we all can live in a cyber secure universe.  It's ashame that all of our information was compromised by companies sending customer care overseas.  Really Customer Care and my representative is overseas.  I don't think you really care.  You are about saving a buck no matter how you do it and at whose expense.  So far it has been at the expense of American Consumers who have their identities stolen on the regular.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.