For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Austx78745's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 21st, 2015 3:54 AM

ATT/Yahoo email account compromised???

I been receiving spam email over the last month from "Me". I marked them as spam and they have been sent to spam. Today I was asked by ATT.Net to login again. When I did a messafge alert came up. I did not continue but  Restarted my computer. Turned computer back on, email looked fine but I cannot delete, or get into my settings. I went to ATT and changed my password and updated my security questions.

I have had Yahoo email accounts hacked before a couple years ago. So I switch to ATT.Net.

Have my account been compromised and what can I do? Also where is the instructions for the dual verification?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

In case you did not already know, at&t email accounts ARE yahoo accounts.

And yes, mine has been hacked before also. They warned me, as the person trying to access the account was loggin in fropm overseas (russia, i think) and so, connection refused, and I got a warning to immediatly change my password.

You can go to AT&T's support page, and type in e-mail and it will give ya all the information on that you couold ever want.

Yahoo's support page also provdes the same information.

Short of changing your passwords and updating your security questions, and insuring you have a mobile phone resovery number listed, not much else you can do to prevent hackings.

To be fair, they are pretty good at monitoring for suspisios usage patters, and at the very least, will ask you to prove you are you, before just letting anyone log into your account.

Saddly, it is an ongoing battle, keeping ahead of the hackers as they find new ways to sneak into folks accounts. Typicaly, the best real protection is to be too uninteresting for them to bother you.

Sort of like that alarm complay signs posted in fromt of peoples homes: the crroks think, iot's easier to rob the unprotected neighboors house than this one which is protected. Of course, if ALL the neighbors have the same protection, well, you can guess the rest.

Good luck

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

yahoo is horrible. they sell your info, no matter what you tell them.

i am almost angry enough to pay the cancelation fees and get rid of att.

guaranteed that the second my acct info is sold or hacked, i will be out of this contract in a heartbeat.

edit:@tiger, i will not now, nor ever, willingly give yahoo that kind of info. i do not know how much of my contact info they have now that att chose to hand it over to them, but to give to them yourself is just insane

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My yahoo account was hacked several months ago. I stopped using Yahoo then. My phone is hacked and I am wondering if there is a way to stop it besides resetting the phone. I have reset the phone numerous times but it is still being hacked. Does anyone have any advice about this? Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am hoping someone can help with this.  I have seen some prior threads where people have had issues with getting their password changed.  My proble is similar.  I have tried to change my password on yahoo and it takes me to ATT where I have an SBCGLOBAL ATT ID.  I successfully changed my password on my ATT account but it is not propagating the change to my Yahoo login.  In essence, I now have the new changed password on the ATT url login but the old password on yahoo.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @JohnFow,

We can look into this. We just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back and let us know via this thread one you have replied to the PM.

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I also have this same problem.  I changed by sbcglobal.net account passwords following the ATT instructions, but it hasn't changed email account password.  The "new" password works in webbrowsers, but not in Android mail app or Outlook 2016.  The "old" password doesn't work in webbrowser, but it still does in Android mail app & Office 2016.  How do I get the POP3 mail servers to update to the new passwords I setup on MyATT.Net?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

Another solution to this issue is to reset your Yahoo password here.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

-ATTU-verseCare

Have you really tried your link.

http://vhttp//att.yahoo.com/membercenter

All Yahoo has is basically a FAQ page for email problems.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop

So far there is no Yahoo help regarding getting an att.net email pw changed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The link seems to be broken above. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same problem --  I have an ameritech.net email address connected to my ATT Uverse account. 

Access to webmail is through mail.yahoo.com but after I changed my password at att, it didn't change my password at Yahoo.  My password there is stuck and can't be changed.  Please help. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.