Protect yourself online
yrog's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 10:10 PM

ATT Yahoo Email Cannot sort by sender - other optins missing also

From the View Dropdown Menu

Att yahoo email only gives 4 options to sort by.

att yahoo mail sort.jpg

Regular yahoo email allows 6 options to sort by

yahoo mail sort.jpg

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thank You.

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

Sort by Sender "never left the building". Disable "conversations" and there it will be.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3614.html?impressions=true

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I agree that this needs to fixed ASAP. It's the only way I can weed through my emails quickly. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Am very bitter they removed this. It is wreaking havoc with my business as I find it esesential to be able to sort through Sent folder and Inbox folder by sender.  PLEASE BRING THIS FUNCTION BACK!  I have been a paying subscriber for oveor 15  years. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

YEAH!!!!! IT"S BACK...... YOU CAN SORT BY SENDER. YOU JUST NEED TO CLICK ON "VIEW" RIGHT ABOVE THE EMAIL DELIVERY TIME & YOU'LL SEE YOU CAN SORT BY SENDER.  THANK GOODNESS THEY WERE LISTENING TO US OR THIS WOULD'VE BEEN CATASTROPHIC!!!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Go to the gear icon at the top right of your email page.  Select it, then select "settings."  Under settings, disable "conversations."  That will allow you access again to the sort by sender and subject options.  According to ATT, the enabled "conversations" is the default setting.  Simply disable that, and emails should go back to functioning as they did before.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

They shouldn't have changed it in the first place.  But more importantly, what's up with the advertisement in the list of emails?  isn't it enough that we pay AT&T every month for email, now they have to tag the email list with sh#&!!!  Come on AT&T, cut the crap advertising!  We already have advertisint going down the side panel!!!  Enough is enough!!!

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

@harmonr1 wrote:

They shouldn't have changed it in the first place.  But more importantly, what's up with the advertisement in the list of emails?  isn't it enough that we pay AT&T every month for email, now they have to tag the email list with sh#&!!!  Come on AT&T, cut the crap advertising!  We already have advertisint going down the side panel!!!  Enough is enough!!!

I don't like ads either and here's what I did to "fix" the problem.

Installed Firefox.  Installed the AdBlock Plus extentsion.   No more ads.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you, Thank you.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Why did they hide it?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Must be a developer thing? trying to be inclusive with every option.. I?m just glad I checked the forum to find out how to bring this feature back.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.