Protect yourself online
sfortin7's profile

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2018 10:31 AM

Can I access my ATT email via ATT email servers, and not go through Yahoo?

It was a surprise to me, coming from COMCAST that ATT was forcing consumers to acquire their email via Yahoo. 

I'd like to access my ATT email via ATT email servers, and not go through Yahoo. Is that possible? If not, why not?

I would also like a simple concise document explaining how to access my ATT email from a client on my SmartPhone. On an Android, it was easy enough to setup the Yahoo email client, but it's not a very good client. I've never had problems setting up an email client on my Android phone... until I tried it for an @att.net address.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I'd like to access my ATT email via ATT email servers, and not go through Yahoo. Is that possible? If not, why not?

No you cannot go through the att email servers because they don't exist!  Att uses yahoo as their email service provider (ESP) so you're stuck with it unless you decide to use some 3rd party ESP yourself.  There's nothing stopping you from doing that and there are plenty of both pay and free ESP's to choose from.  Google for them.

I would also like a simple concise document explaining how to access my ATT email from a client

Here's the server info you need to set up your client(s).  But you should also read this about passwords, specifically about using a secure mail key in place of your account password.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How can I get my att.net emails?   They do not show up in yahoo and when I try to log onto the att.net email lately, it just goes to yahoo.  Can this not be fixed so we can either access our emails through att.net or have them combined with yahoo again so we can at least see them?   I can't get to att.net to redirect the emails that go directly there. 

Help!

Thanks!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@MailConcerns -

I can't get to att.net to redirect the emails that go directly there. 

If you go to start.att.net and click the mail icon in the upper right where does that take you?  Should see an login and then to the att/yahoo webmail.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Having the same problem with att emails going through on my Apple Mac Pro while using OS X...........?   

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I get around this problem when some of Att's applications are outdated ?  while I am using a more stable Operating System Software ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I did reset my att email password as directed, but cannot access my email from the att website.  What is the next step?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I think I am the problem. I can't figure out how to tell my computer where to send my email

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

You keep getting ridiculous with your constant changes. It is so frustrating that I will no longer use this site and go back to google.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.