Protect yourself online
Lebasi's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, December 20th, 2018 4:54 PM

ATT Alert

I received an email and the subject line says - Important update alert for your email account.

I have ATT.NET

It is from "AT&T Alert" and I have no idea if this is a valid ATT email address or not.

I opened the email and it states - Dear User, Your AT&T version is outdated, failure to update to the newest AT&T Mail 11.1.23 will result to a permanent account closure. According to provision 1.9 of Terms and Conditions AT&T may at any time terminate its services for your account. Follow the Link below to update and accept our new terms and conditions. Sincerely, AT&T Official.

This was sent on November 16, 2018 at 9:42am

So is this a scam or do I need to update? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

It would be fun if you had copied/pasted the link into your post to see where it was really pointing but since no one at att cares what email you use (ignoring the required browser issue on whether you get classic or new webmail), and given there is no version number on the webmail a user can see, and given that it wouldn't be coming from a specific att employee like k.gaines17@att.net, and given that the ATT Internet Terms if Service don't even have a section 1.9, I can say that, yes, it's phishing so trash it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.