Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

Last year I had problems w/messenger - email worked fine. Noticed Messenger wouldn't appear in the left panel occasionally.

Fixed when I clicked on my Profile ( it would appear in a new tab in my browser ) then restarted web mail. Seems like there needs to be a "connection" between your Profile and the Web Mail client, which *should* happen when one starts their web mail client.

A quick check - if your profile photo appears on your web mail client, you're probably OK.  If not, follow the bouncing ball in the above paragraph.

For me, the problem has not reappeared for quite some time now.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I just attempted to load the chat and it worked just fine. Perhaps this was a momentary issue.

Can you please try again and let us know if you're still having the same issue?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I started having the problem yesterday morning and it has continued throughout all of today. I have tried every now and then to load it with no success.

Thanks

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Is this at work or at home? If it's at work, perhaps your employer has changed your proxy and no longer allows chat based programs?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot access my chat from work or home for my email and that was the best feature

. It has been going on all week. PLease help!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Will you please make sure your Adobe Flash player is up to date? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

It is at work but do not think its a proxy access issue because my co-worker is on just fine. I do have the latest Flash player.

Now today, I can log on to chat using IE8 but not able to do so with Firefox (my preferred browser).

Very strange
Thanks for your help with this issue, Jamileh

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the update ksenor. 

I'm doing a bit more research on this as it may be something we need to talk to Yahoo about but I'm glad you're able to access chat again!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I cleared all history in FF and now am able to log into chat using both FF and IE.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Here is how to clear history for future searches...

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache#Firefox

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.