Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

No change here...still can't use the feature

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Messenger does work.....just not with AT&T email.

I used the app on my phone and it still logs in and stays connected just fine.  Sends and receives messages as well.  I havent tried it using a messenger client on a computer in quite sometime.  Becasue quite frankly I dont want to be updating software for something like this every time an update comes out.  Its nice they had a version built into email so that when you were checking email you could also chat. Anyway......

What I have been using is http://imo.im  Its working just fine.  The problem is with however WebMessenger works with ATT email.  Considering they have a partnership you would THINK that if anything worked it would be between them but no.  The IMO.IM portal works flawlessly though.  Go figure.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I find it interresting that I comment about http://imo.im and its use with Yahoo IM yesterday and now its not working at all today.  LOL

Hmmm, now it wont work via ANY medium.  If Yahoo IM wanted to just go away, it should have just notified everyone that it wouldnt be available any longer.  An IT service cant go that long without being down these days.  Most everyone will find something else, which probably already most users already have.

So that leaves me and all the camgirls/spammers then?  No thanks!  I guess Im leaving Yahoo too.  BYE!

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

Tested texting this morning.  Sent to two different numbers.  Both received and replied within a few seconds.

Did notice no blink indication when messages came in and Conversation History is not a folder anymore.  It can be found under "Available" where Options and other Messenger stuff lives.

I'm in the Chicagoland area.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

June 11, 2013 at&t announced a few daze ago that an update was comming for at&t Yahoo webmail, well I logged in and and mail upgrade was offered, accepted at&t Yahoo mail update and and Guess what Willis, online messenger now magically works. 

I guess they went to Tom's Truck Center in down town 92704 hired a super wrecker to "Reverse their Cranial Re3tal Inversion" only took 3 1/2 months.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I had a probe for a library list serve today that said that they received a message from my att.net account declaring their mail undeliverable. The same thing has happened to my Page a day calendar emails. I have received both of these for years just fine. The message is:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<**@ATT.NET>
    (reason: 554 Message not allowed - [320])

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx-sbc.mail.am0.yahoodns.net.:
>>> DATA
<<< 554 Message not allowed - [320]
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

How do I fix this?

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @julratliff,

Make sure you have the latest browser installed. This has resolved some issues related to email in the past.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you, but I do have the latest browser. It is this message, but I don't know how to fix it. 
<<< 554 Message not allowed - [320]
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Community Support

• 

230.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @julratliff,

Are you using web mail or a 3rd party mailbox like outlook? 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Web mail. I have Uverse, so I use Yahoo mail with att.net.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.