Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you AT&T for keeping us updated on what is going on.  Glad this still isnt fixed yet even though you said it was going to be by April 27th.  And somehow this topic is marked as answered still as well.  This is great!  Thanks!!!

Sarcasm

1 Attachment

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Here is the most recent response I have gotten:

I apologize but there is currently not a solution for the chat issues we have been having.  Once it is solved we will post information within our fourms. 

Thanks

Ray, AT&T Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

This is the only thing I have received....

We're making improvements to att.net Mail!

On or after June 10, 2013, through July 2013 all users of att.net Mail will be prompted to upgrade their att.net Mail accounts. You'll see some exciting changes in att.net webmail that include a new look and feel that makes att.net webmail even easier to use. Once your account is upgraded, the webmail version you're currently using will no longer be available.

What you can look forward to:
  • Faster email
  • The latest Mail spam-protection technology and scanning for relevant advertising display
  • Easier-to-use design

Important Notes:

• On the day of the att.net webmail upgrade, you will be able to choose to customize the email scanning settings for your account.
  • There is no impact to your email IDs, saved messages, webmail folders, passwords, email client settings, or service, based on this upgrade.
  • To learn more about the new att.net Mail visit http://www.att.com/latestmail

We hope you enjoy the new att.net Mail.

Sincerely,
AT&T Internet Services Customer Care

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

I've been using the "upgraded" version (mentioned above) of web mail for several months now. It was made available to Yahoo users back in December 2012.  The "upgraded" version does NOT fix the problem discussed in this thread.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

I agree w/others that this thread's issue should NOT be marked as resolved. Actually it's my post that WAS marked as the solution and the solution worked some time ago, but no longer.  Most likely a related but different problem than what's going on now.

Messenger (or what others call chat) is broken. Yahoo users (not AT&T) are having similar problems - going offline, can't re-connect, never connects, etc.

Also, there should be a "place" where updates on issues can be seen by users. A single thread (like this one) in a user community forum is NOT that "place".

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

Found this on Yahoo Answers a few minutes ago:

**UPDATE 5/16**

All Yahoo! Customers should be able to see Messenger in Mail once again. A new fix has been pushed this morning and this should resolve all issues. Like the previous update, please reply to this post if you still encounter a problem after clearing browser cache and cookies.

Have no idea if this will fix what's been wrong w/messenger described in this thread but I did notice my Messenger behaving itself for the past hour or so.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well this was exciting... for about 30 seconds. I cleared cache, logged off, logged back in. Still same issue. Tries to connect to chat for about 10 seconds then stops and goes offline.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

Just did a test with my son.  Sent him a text from Messenger and he got it in a few seconds.  I asked him to send back an answer.  That was >10 minutes ago.  Nothing received yet.

My Messenger is light is green - available.  It was going Offline before today and I was not able to change that status.

If I do eventually get a reply, I'll note it here.  

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

11 years ago

Got the reply -  took 28 minutes.

Messenger status still "green", didn't go "off line" overnight

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't seen replies from any other forum posters as to their ability to log in as k9jdk has been able to do in his last post.

I can tell you that after clearing cache and all cookies I still have the same problem- tries to log into chat for about 10 seconds and says offline. So my status with Yahoo chat is still the same as before k9jdk's recent post.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.