AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

Teacher

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Message 1 of 86 (9,571 Views)
Community Support

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

Hi bar-j700,

Just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 61 of 86 (3,541 Views)
Contributor

I'm seeing exactly the same problem. Hope this is resolved soon. My current workaround is to install the standalone messenger client (annoying)
Message 62 of 86 (3,486 Views)
Tutor

Installing Yahoo Messenger Client is NOT an option for ME.

Using multiple version of OS's, and browsers per day, my biggest concern is SECURITY.

Keeping it on the WEB is my only option Smiley Wink

Message 63 of 86 (3,479 Views)

I sent customer care an email, and here is their response:

Thank you for letting us know about the problems you are experiencing with Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo engineers have been informed and are working on a resolution. Updates will be posted in this forum as they become available.

Message 64 of 86 (3,461 Views)
Contributor

This has been going on for almost a month. How long does it take to fix? Poor service....

Message 65 of 86 (3,458 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Well, it was said this was going to be fixed on April 27, 2013.  Its now the 29th and still doesnt work.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 66 of 86 (3,269 Views)
Teacher

Any update?  I have not heard anything from AT&T....It would be different if I had a free account but i pay for this one.

This is really unacceptable and you are about to lose a customer.

Message 67 of 86 (3,253 Views)

I emailed again for an update... No response.

Message 68 of 86 (3,117 Views)
Voyager

I also have been having the same problems. I have a personal yahoo account that loads chat just fine in all browsers but my att/sbcglobal email the chat will not load. It has been a few weeks now and I use that text feature often for work puroposes.  Is there a solution for this yet? 

Message 69 of 86 (2,951 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

I have written to them twice and both times received a response of 'no news'.  Honestly, I don't even think they are working on this.  I find it impossible to believe that it has been going on two months with no solution if they actually are trying to fix the situation.  No network issues take this long to correct. 

Message 70 of 86 (2,851 Views)
Voyager

Why is this post listed as "solved" on the 1st post of the first page??

It certainly isn't solved and should be listed as such. The problem has been going on for quite a while with no resolution in sight.

Message 71 of 86 (2,796 Views)
Tutor

Thank you AT&T for keeping us updated on what is going on.  Glad this still isnt fixed yet even though you said it was going to be by April 27th.  And somehow this topic is marked as answered still as well.  This is great!  Thanks!!!

Message 72 of 86 (2,775 Views)
Voyager

Here is the most recent response I have gotten:

I apologize but there is currently not a solution for the chat issues we have been having.  Once it is solved we will post information within our fourms. 

Thanks

Ray, AT&T Social Media Manager

Message 73 of 86 (2,715 Views)
Tutor

This is the only thing I have received....

We're making improvements to att.net Mail!

On or after June 10, 2013, through July 2013 all users of att.net Mail will be prompted to upgrade their att.net Mail accounts. You'll see some exciting changes in att.net webmail that include a new look and feel that makes att.net webmail even easier to use. Once your account is upgraded, the webmail version you're currently using will no longer be available.

What you can look forward to:
  • Faster email
  • The latest Mail spam-protection technology and scanning for relevant advertising display
  • Easier-to-use design

Important Notes:

• On the day of the att.net webmail upgrade, you will be able to choose to customize the email scanning settings for your account.
  • There is no impact to your email IDs, saved messages, webmail folders, passwords, email client settings, or service, based on this upgrade.
  • To learn more about the new att.net Mail visit http://www.att.com/latestmail

We hope you enjoy the new att.net Mail.

Sincerely,
AT&T Internet Services Customer Care

Message 74 of 86 (2,653 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I've been using the "upgraded" version (mentioned above) of web mail for several months now. It was made available to Yahoo users back in December 2012.  The "upgraded" version does NOT fix the problem discussed in this thread.

Message 75 of 86 (2,635 Views)