Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I've sent a PM 3 days ago and still no reply but thanks for all the update here

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@johnclo88 wrote:

I've sent a PM 3 days ago and still no reply but thanks for all the update here

I see that you sent a private message on the 10th. I'm sorry it hasn't been responded to yet. I will let the team know. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I dont have any PM's

I checked and my in box is empty.

BUT- if at least this is being looked into I can guess its an issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks Jamileh for trying to help.

I have been having the same problem for almost 2 weeks. 3 different PC's at 3 different locations IE and Chrome. None of the suggestions above have worked.

Thanks

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

You can add me to the list of people that have not been able to sign into ATT/Yahoo chat for about a week.

It says "loading chat" for about 10 seconds and then says "offline".  Repeated tries, clearing cache/cookies logging off/on ,  different browsers and different computers give the same results, after 10 seconds of the "loading chat" message the status shows "offline".

It looks to only be associated with ATT/Yahoo chat. If I log into my Yahoo account and start chat with my Yahoo ID the chat works fine.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Jamileh,

Would it be possible for you to recommend Yahoo! send a note to its users stating they are working on this issue?  Then again it would be nice for them to send a note when the issue has been resolved.

Thanks.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I guess there is not going to be a fix,update or explanation.

I still can not load the chat.

AND I never recieved a PM response either.

Not sure I would need one to just tell me "its being looked into"

Oh well... guess I'll have to move on.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Does anyone know when this problem will be solved? It's been almost 2 weeks now that I can't change my chat status to available. It keeps going back to offline. This is really frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same story as everyone else, used to able to text through chat, now can't change status from offline - been waiting for a fix to be posted - but, nothing yet.  AT&T what is the problem?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry but I don't have any update other than the one I posted on the 12th. When I have news, I'll post it here. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.