AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

Teacher

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Message 1 of 86 (9,550 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: At&T Yahoo email - Chat function down?

Please see my post directly above yours and send a PM to ATTCustomerCare. 

Thanks!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 31 of 86 (4,134 Views)
Contributor

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

I am having the same problem - how was this resolved?

Message 32 of 86 (4,130 Views)
Former Community Manager

Please see my earlier post in this thread and send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 33 of 86 (4,125 Views)
Teacher

Having this same problem!!

I was logged on this morning chatting with a friend.... out of nowhere my status went from Available to OFFLINE.

Nothing I do gets me back in.

Something was done....

This is lame!

Message 34 of 86 (4,068 Views)
Tutor

Still no word from Yahoo or AT&T even though I followed the instructions to create a PM two days ago.  This is the best!  Guess we will just have to go use a service that works.

Message 35 of 86 (4,004 Views)
Teacher

I am in the same boat with you!
Service has not been working and no response.
I sent 2 PMs and nothing.
Message 36 of 86 (4,002 Views)
Former Community Manager

mamntfca wrote:
I am in the same boat with you!
Service has not been working and no response.
I sent 2 PMs and nothing.

I see Ryan replied and created a case for you yesterday. Can you please check your private messages by clicking in the upper right hand corner. 

--------------

Message 37 of 86 (4,001 Views)
Former Community Manager

Hey all, 

Thank you for letting us know about the problems you are experiencing with Yahoo Messenger. Yahoo engineers have been informed and are working on a resolution. I'll keep you updated in this thread.

--------------

Message 38 of 86 (4,002 Views)
Teacher

Sent PM yesterday morning and have not received any response back.
Message 39 of 86 (3,997 Views)
Former Community Manager

fuzi0n4 wrote:

Still no word from Yahoo or AT&T even though I followed the instructions to create a PM two days ago.  This is the best!  Guess we will just have to go use a service that works.

Please check your private messages. I see that Ryan created a case for you on the 10th. 

--------------

Message 40 of 86 (3,994 Views)
Tutor

Thanks!!! I didnt even know I had a message there until you told me. LOL

I replied back to Ryan. The general response was that it would have been nice for Yahoo to acknowledge the problem and send a communication out that it is working to resolve the issue with an expected restoration date.

Its customer service 101. I am probably preaching to the choir, but....
Message 41 of 86 (4,000 Views)
Tutor

I've sent a PM 3 days ago and still no reply but thanks for all the update here

Message 42 of 86 (3,988 Views)
Former Community Manager

johnclo88 wrote:

I've sent a PM 3 days ago and still no reply but thanks for all the update here

I see that you sent a private message on the 10th. I'm sorry it hasn't been responded to yet. I will let the team know. 

--------------

Message 43 of 86 (3,984 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I dont have any PM's

I checked and my in box is empty.

BUT- if at least this is being looked into I can guess its an issue.

Message 44 of 86 (3,956 Views)
Contributor

Re: At&T Yahoo email - Chat function down?

Thanks Jamileh for trying to help.

I have been having the same problem for almost 2 weeks. 3 different PC's at 3 different locations IE and Chrome. None of the suggestions above have worked.

Thanks

Message 45 of 86 (3,935 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.