AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

Teacher

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Message 1 of 86 (9,605 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

I just attempted to load the chat and it worked just fine. Perhaps this was a momentary issue.

Can you please try again and let us know if you're still having the same issue?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 86 (8,289 Views)
Teacher

I started having the problem yesterday morning and it has continued throughout all of today. I have tried every now and then to load it with no success.

Thanks
Message 3 of 86 (8,279 Views)
Former Community Manager

Is this at work or at home? If it's at work, perhaps your employer has changed your proxy and no longer allows chat based programs?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 86 (8,277 Views)
Contributor

I cannot access my chat from work or home for my email and that was the best feature

. It has been going on all week. PLease help!

Message 5 of 86 (8,259 Views)
Former Community Manager

Will you please make sure your Adobe Flash player is up to date? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

--------------

Message 6 of 86 (8,253 Views)
Teacher

It is at work but do not think its a proxy access issue because my co-worker is on just fine. I do have the latest Flash player.

Now today, I can log on to chat using IE8 but not able to do so with Firefox (my preferred browser).

Very strange
Thanks for your help with this issue, Jamileh
Message 7 of 86 (8,244 Views)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for the update ksenor. 

I'm doing a bit more research on this as it may be something we need to talk to Yahoo about but I'm glad you're able to access chat again!

--------------

Message 8 of 86 (8,243 Views)
Teacher

I cleared all history in FF and now am able to log into chat using both FF and IE.
Message 9 of 86 (8,244 Views)
Teacher

Here is how to clear history for future searches...

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache#Firefox

Message 10 of 86 (8,244 Views)
Former Community Manager

Great advice. 

becjt - can you try this and let me know if it resolves your issue?

--------------

Message 11 of 86 (8,237 Views)
Contributor

updates Adobe and cleared history. Still NothnigSmiley Sad   I'll check again at home tonight.

Message 12 of 86 (8,225 Views)
Former Community Manager

Okay, let us know. 

--------------

Message 13 of 86 (8,225 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Now the problem is back....unable to connect to chat in IE8 nor FF. Cleared browser history in both and that did not fix problem. This occurs while connected through company network, home network and wireless card.
Message 14 of 86 (8,045 Views)
Contributor

Same here.   It stopped working, then out of the blue started to work again, and now just today stopped working again.

Somewhere, there is a link problem and the in mail shat is not communication with something. 

Message 15 of 86 (8,038 Views)