Protect yourself online
ksenor's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 4:16 PM

Closed

AT&T.net Mail - Unable to sign-in / load chat/messenger

This problem started yesterday out of the blue...

I am able to log on to my att/net email account and use all of the functions except I am unable to load the chat and get signed on.  When I click on the dropdown and select available, it says loading chat and then after 10 seconds or so goes back to offline.  This is happening in both FireFox 19.0.2 and IE 8.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Great advice. 

becjt - can you try this and let me know if it resolves your issue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

updates Adobe and cleared history. Still Nothnig:(   I'll check again at home tonight.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Okay, let us know. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Now the problem is back....unable to connect to chat in IE8 nor FF. Cleared browser history in both and that did not fix problem. This occurs while connected through company network, home network and wireless card.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same here.   It stopped working, then out of the blue started to work again, and now just today stopped working again.

Somewhere, there is a link problem and the in mail shat is not communication with something. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

The 'solution' above does not work for me either. Just starting recently within the past week, I have the same exact issue. Everything works fine in the email site (mail.yahoo.com) other than the messenger. It just says 'offline', and selecting anything else just causes it to load...and fail to load (goes back to just saying 'offline').

It occurs on multiple email-accounts (personal and work) on multiple computers (laptop at home, tower at work) on multiple browsers (firefox at home, IE at work). My flash player is up to date in every occurance, and I have tried the above suggestion of clearing the cache, to no result.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have same problem. So where is the solution ATT?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My chat/texting continues to say "offline".  I have tried loading through IE, Safari, and Foxfire, my Adobe Flash is up to date, cleared cache and history, but still getting "offline".  I was able to access a couple of times when I signed on to email through att.net, but now even getting to email that way, chat still doesn't work.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Have you tried k9jdk's suggestion above?

If that does not help, I encourage you to contact Yahoo directly for help with this - http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML&page=contact

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I am having this same problem as well...cannot access from home or work.   exactly as they have both described....shows me "offline" then click to make "available" it says "loading chat" for a while...then goes right to offline

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.