ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 3:56 PM

Closed

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Please pass this on to the right folks...as u see, I am on-line picking up my yahoo mail.  My e-mail:  ***, for ? 3 or more years now AT&T my internet service provider has been sending e-mails to my Nokia Lumia 635 Cricket cell phone.  NOT a wifi phone, basic talk, text & get e-mail phone.  For whatever reason, last nite ? around 8PM PST, I had 3 e-mails, I turned off phone for the nite, @ 8A this morning still same 3 emails & pops up:  yahoo ! mail needs attention !  my e-mail comes up & under INVALID PASSWORD. Many attempts to turn off phone (per Crickets suggestion, put in mt e-mail & pass word, no change.  Went to phone settings & did again, no change.  Spent 11/2 hours speaking to 5 AT & T Dial -up and other "technical" folks....& am currently BACK on my cell: *** trying to get help from Cricket folks............so, PLEASE check my account # *** for hopefully, details on my MANY phone conversations with your customer service folks.............Cricket has advises me to take the phone to a local Cricket store & let them see what they can do with the situation..............BUT since we do  know why I can get on-line with my password, the mystery of the data no longer being sent to my cell needs to be resolved by AT&T or Cricket or both, thank-you, Carolyn ***  cell ***, land ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Obviously the time is coming to leave AT&T Yahoo as my email system.  I don't like Foxfire, I don't want Chrome, and I don't accept being told to change my browser.  As others have said, we are the customer and we are always right.  If AT&T doesn't understand that, they won't be getting our business.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The new roll out won't fix problems it will only create them.  Every new generation of the AT&T emails has been a disaster, which is why I stick with the old basic email format. 

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

"More speed" is the biggest lie since "I've had a vasectomy."  The only people the "speed" will benefit are the advertisers who clutter up your email.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

A couple of meta-comments, about the forum:

1. "Here's a subscription update" is an odd subject line for your alert emails.  "New comment reply to [topic]" would be more useful.

2. There is no such thing as a "kudo".  The word is kudos.  It's a mass noun, like "water", that just happens to end with "s".  A smaller bit of kudos is still kudos.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I would hope that ATT can do something to limit the flashing ad's on the email - they continue to disrupt email review & composing - they slow down the system and become annoying - I don't mind ads, but these shotgun blinking continual ads are a big negative for using ATT Yahoo - .

Scholar

• 

71 Messages

6 years ago

I agree with many of the members here that the influx of unwanted spam that started with most everyone approximately 2 to 3 months ago, must be addressed by the AT&T Yahoo Email Team. 

What good are all of these great upgrades and features if we are literally and relentlessly bombarded with spam that originates from one professional spammer, the "CBD" spammer?

This "CBD" spammer obviously infiltrated the AT&T customer base and then overnight, started sending 50 to 75+ spams per day.  I believe that AT&T has the technology to stop it.  It is preventing an enjoyable experience.

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am expecting to receive my mail without waiting for days on end. I was very close to canceling my service because I never knew if my mail was coming or not each day. Been a customer for nearly 60 years.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I too, believe as the customer, I should be able to eliminate the darn irritating ads that make the loading of my mail unusable until they finally load.  And there should be a way for me to block them without  having to purchase an ad blocker...AT&T wake up! Give us what we want,,not what you think we want

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Too much private information that can be used against you. Protect yourself and delete the private info in your post, info such as ups real email address and your account number. Do this now.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.