worst experence in my life

Contributor

worst experence in my life

At the moment i now have time warner internet BUT before i signed up with time warner, i actually called and set up a new att internet account. First guy i talked to wasnt to friendly but oh well. After setting up the new account i was told i would hear from someone within 24 hours.. two days have gone by and havent heard anything from att, so i decided to call. I called customer service,provided all my info and then proceeds to tell me that my account was cancelled. Ofcourse i get irritated and told him that i never cancelled it. he puts me on hold, five munites went by and suddnley he finds my account and tells me before anything gets done, i have to call dsl extreme, cancell service, then they will set up internet at my house 3-5 days later!!! i was furious after he told me that. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he puts me on hold for about 10 mins, then tells me hes going to try and solve the issue. (even though i asked for a supervisor). I told him i still wanted to speak to a supervisor and he says "ok" and puts me on hold. FIFTEEN munites later he takes me off hold and tells me all his supervisors are busy and to call back later. Ive never been so upset at any company before. I hand up and call back, spoke to a supervisor, didnt take care of me at all!!!!! i told them i wanted to cancell, they did without hesitation and didnt even try to fix there mistake. im truly speechless on how i was treated by customer care. i will never refer anyone to att. Im a best buy mobile sales associate. i work with att on a daily basis. i will let ever customer know about my expierence with att's customer service!!!

Message 1 of 4 (394 Views)

Re: worst experence in my life

perezfamilyx3 wrote:

At the moment i now have time warner internet BUT before i signed up with time warner, i actually called and set up a new att internet account. First guy i talked to wasnt to friendly but oh well. After setting up the new account i was told i would hear from someone within 24 hours.. two days have gone by and havent heard anything from att, so i decided to call. I called customer service,provided all my info and then proceeds to tell me that my account was cancelled. Ofcourse i get irritated and told him that i never cancelled it. he puts me on hold, five munites went by and suddnley he finds my account and tells me before anything gets done, i have to call dsl extreme, cancell service, then they will set up internet at my house 3-5 days later!!! i was furious after he told me that. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he puts me on hold for about 10 mins, then tells me hes going to try and solve the issue. (even though i asked for a supervisor). I told him i still wanted to speak to a supervisor and he says "ok" and puts me on hold. FIFTEEN munites later he takes me off hold and tells me all his supervisors are busy and to call back later. Ive never been so upset at any company before. I hand up and call back, spoke to a supervisor, didnt take care of me at all!!!!! i told them i wanted to cancell, they did without hesitation and didnt even try to fix there mistake. im truly speechless on how i was treated by customer care. i will never refer anyone to att. Im a best buy mobile sales associate. i work with att on a daily basis. i will let ever customer know about my expierence with att's customer service!!!

Um, I'm a little confused.

You say you deal with AT&T on a daily basis, yet had no idea that their customer service dept. has issues with communication/follow-up?

As far as starting your own anti-AT&T crusade on Best Buy's sales floor, you may want to check with your boss. You could find yourself selling phones somewhere else.

Not to mention, someone from Best Buy has no room to complain about some other company's customer service considering their bait and switch tatics on "Pre-Conditioned" computers, and their rip-off squad. I can count on at least 5 to 10 customers a year who bring their computers to me to fix what the "Squad" did to them. Or the "squad" wanted to charge them 2 or 3 hundred dollars for a fifteen minute repair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello perezfamilyx3, thank you for posting.

I'm very sorry for your negative experience with AT&T. You said in your post that you already got another service, but if you still need help with anything or have any questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to get our team on the case.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (334 Views)
Tutor

I'm in the same boat.  Been trying to get DSL service for weeks now.  They keep cancelling my order for no apparent reason.  When I calll I can't get a straight answer.  My neighbors have it, the guys I bought my house from had it, heck the whole town has it!  It's the only service available in my area, yet somehow I can't get it and nobody can seem to tell me why.  It's a great mystery - up there with creation vs evolution or how the human eye works.

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support