Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎08-20-2018 1:48 PM

Re: how to get a new ip address

You don't.  The "dynamic" IP address you were assigned is more or less fixed.  However you can purchase a block of static IPs.

About Static IP addresses

Static IP Addresses

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: how to get a new ip address

Sometimes,  very rarely, will receive a different IP address on software update, reboot and when gateway is replaced.

The only sure way is a port swap, only allowed when port is tested bad.

OR cancelling your account and signing up as a new customer with new install, new ban number and new gateway.

You are responsible for returning the original gateway to ATT via UPS or FedEx.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support