ConfusedinVA's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 9:54 PM

Yahoo Paid email account - need to enter new billing info - desperately need help

I have had a paid email account for many years - in fact, it's still got the name of one of the yahoo predecessors - not even a yahoo.com account - one of the ones that Yahoo bought.  A few years back, at&t took over the email management for these ancient paid accounts that have suckers who are still paying. 

Well, today I went to update the expiration date on the credit card.  Yahoo bounced me over to AT&T, as usual. 

What isn't usual is that it then told me that my username and password weren't correct.  I tried resetting the password - very carefully - same result, plus it told me that my old domain was an invalid domain.  When I was clicking around I wound up in my AT&T account, which I thought was progress.  Then I clicked on billing, and was told I wasn't the account owner. 

I think, but am not positive, that I need to create an AT&T account and somehow link it to my Yahoo account, but I cannot find intelligible instructions for how I would do so anywhere. How on earth can I connect these accounts?  How can I prove I am the account owner?  Why doesn't my original account work?

I have had this account a LONG time and to me it's worth the small montly fee to keep it - but if I stop paying, I think I'll lose it, and the huge number of emails that have piled up over the years. 

I have spent nearly 2 hours trying to find  information on how to do this.  I want to give AT&T my money.  You would think they would make that easy, but they don't.  Can anyone here please tell me how I can get my info updated and pay my bill?  As in step by step information for those of us who don't know what to click on because we don't have uverse, we don't have wireless, and we don't have att phone?  There doesn't appear to be an option for me, but I have seen the bills and I know up til now ATT has been taking my money and providing service.

Please, please help me.

Desperate in VA

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@ConfusedinVA wrote:

I have had a paid email account for many years - in fact, it's still got the name of one of the yahoo predecessors - not even a yahoo.com account - one of the ones that Yahoo bought.  A few years back, at&t took over the email management for these ancient paid accounts that have suckers who are still paying. 

Well, today I went to update the expiration date on the credit card.  Yahoo bounced me over to AT&T, as usual. 

What isn't usual is that it then told me that my username and password weren't correct.  I tried resetting the password - very carefully - same result, plus it told me that my old domain was an invalid domain.  When I was clicking around I wound up in my AT&T account, which I thought was progress.  Then I clicked on billing, and was told I wasn't the account owner. 

I think, but am not positive, that I need to create an AT&T account and somehow link it to my Yahoo account, but I cannot find intelligible instructions for how I would do so anywhere. How on earth can I connect these accounts?  How can I prove I am the account owner?  Why doesn't my original account work?

I have had this account a LONG time and to me it's worth the small montly fee to keep it - but if I stop paying, I think I'll lose it, and the huge number of emails that have piled up over the years. 

I have spent nearly 2 hours trying to find  information on how to do this.  I want to give AT&T my money.  You would think they would make that easy, but they don't.  Can anyone here please tell me how I can get my info updated and pay my bill?  As in step by step information for those of us who don't know what to click on because we don't have uverse, we don't have wireless, and we don't have att phone?  There doesn't appear to be an option for me, but I have seen the bills and I know up til now ATT has been taking my money and providing service.

Please, please help me.

Desperate in VA

ConfusedinVA,

Welcome to the forum, this first link is to create an additional AT&T web mail account. There's also information included on accessing other email accounts from ATT mail.

Creating and accessing additional AT&T email accounts

If things still aren't going your way please send a private message to our ATTCustomer support team using the link below. Please include your name, an accessible email account, a phone number and the best time in which you can be contacted. Please also allow upwards of 48 hrs for a team member to contact you.

Private Message

James

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

If you are still trying to figure this out, here is a phone number where they know what you are talking about and can update your billing information: [removed unverified number]. And they even answer the phone without making you go through a phone tree!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi i need help i don't have account with my old Yahoo i can't faint What Can i do plees

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is my e-mail ***.     I don.t have account weth my e-mail  what Can i do plees 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Hawta89,

are you referencing a yahoo account that has never been tied with an AT&T account?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.