Rscan0803's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 2nd, 2014 10:32 PM

Worst customer service ever.....

I had an issue with my service back in October....yea I'm still dealing With it! Super frustrating....new equipment was sent to me but that didn't fix the issue. So the issue was assigned to a tech Dusten [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]....what a joke this guy was. Came out didn't fix the issue...said the issue was in the hub located in my neighbors yard. He indicated he left a door tag asking the neighbor to call so he would get into their yard and left. 2 works later internet still isn't working I called left him messages and no return call. Finally I called his manager Hector Rodriguez.....even worst customer service support. Called left messages about his tech no one ever called. An entire month went without service and finally got escalated to tech support....they reached out to the same manager who wouldn't return calls since the area I lived in he supported. Tech informed him of how dissatisfied I was with the service through email and that they issue was escalated and Hector response was oh K. 

After a month with no service Nathiel D the new tech fixed the issue. Then finally I get a call from Dusten He proceeds with being coy and sarcastic....saying what was the ermergency since he had several calls from my number. Then says he was in a training class that's why he hadnt called....then says well I took time off. Whatever excuse he had it's not acceptable to go a month without returning a phone call. Dusten D** & Hector R** are both incompetent and need to take a class in customer service. Clearly they don't value the customers they service. 

Now im dealing with a billing issue for equipment that was turned in over a month ago and even though I provided billing the tracking number, date & time stamp and the name of the person who signed for the equipment no one can locate the equipment.  Reps who I've spoken to try to say its due to the holidays that causing the delay but the equipment was received on Nov 18 at least 8 days prior to Thanksgiving and 4 weeks prior to Chriatmas. I was billed $100 for equipment that AT&T has received and they won't give me a credit because someone isn't doing their job and locating the equipment. I have called for a total of 4 times and have also done chat with a rep and still no one can assist. This has been such a frustrating experience. I'm so feed up with the service I've received. At this point I feel everyone at AT&T are unhelpful and not very knowledgable....I'm defininately looking at other providers to make a switch.  No sense in urgency to help your customers feel confident that are being taken care of. 

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

You can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number (during business hours), confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be persistant) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department.

These guys have always been able to get things straightened out for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Rscan0803!

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry about your recent experiences with some of our representatives. That behavior is not acceptable, and I will make sure to forward your comments.

Have you since found a resolution to your billing issue? If not, I recommend you send us a private message by clicking here so we can help.

If you send us a message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I believe the issue is resolved. I got a call from someone in escalation wanting to discuss the credit applied to my account. I missed the call so I'm hoping they will call back. The phone number that came up was the standard AT&T customer service. If you can have someone call me tonight I would appreciate the call back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i have been on a promo for almost a year and all of a sudden, my bill went up from $164 to $214! I tried to chat with THREE reps and no help whatsoever! I called the customer service number and got someone I could barely understand who had THE NERVE to try to argue with me over my bill! I asked for his supervisor and got someone named "John" and he was so rude and condescending and trying to talk to me like I was a preschooler! He kept trying to argue with me over my bill and was acting like I was lying over what I was looking at on my account overview! I know what I was looking at and I know that I am supposed to have this promo on my services until June of 2014! The promo started in June of 2013 and is for a year! i do not appreciate all the attitudes and rudeness of the people on the customer care line and the insinuation that I do not know what I am talking about! I am a sick woman and do not need the added stress of att reps thinking my service and billing is a joke! I worked in customer service for years before I became ill and I am appalled at the way att treats its' customers! If I wanted to get scammed and have my money taken away from me and be cheated, then I would have stayed with my previous provider!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Mrsg72!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would be happy to review your account and go over your bill, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

01/22/17: Call to order Uverse, am givne a $60.00 per month price on 75mbps service, was told no contract and the install fee would be waived. I asked the agent numerous times if this was a promotional offer, he said "NO your bill for the 75mbps would be $60.00 per month". I asked him about tax, because I know when I had cox, my bill was $59.99 per month, and I don't recall ever paying any more for tax. He replied "no, no tax on the internest service"

01/26/17: Get a bill alet on my att app showing my internet bill is $80.00 for the 75mpbs service.

01/28/17: I call and speak with a rep, I am told " yes you are signed up for the 75mbps internet at the "PROMOTIONAL" prcing of $60.00 per month for 24months contract.

I explained that I was told I was not under any contract and this was not a promotional price. Finally I agreed to just keep the price and and the 24 month contract. She explained the representative expained the reason the bill was $80.00 is because AT&T billes the first bill for a month and a half service. I didn't buy it, but didn't feel like haggling any longer.

01/29/2017: I open my AT&T app and I see my internet bill  is now 181.00, they've added some tax and a $99.99 install fee, which I had been told was being waived because I have my wireless service through AT&T.

I call in and after explaing this to a rep, she transfers me to an AT&T uverse number, and guess  what? The deparment she trasnfered me to isn't open on Sundays. So I get on line with a chat rep, they explain they can't help me but offer to set up a call back to me from a supervisor. I am told I'll be called back in 10-15 minutes. Well I wait 2 hours and no  call back.

So I call back, and get another rep, I again for the 4th time, explain what has happened, she says. "I'm going to place you on a brief hold and get another number you can call to get this resloved. So I wait on hold for 15 minutes, then my call gets dumped back into the man call queqe. 

So I hang up and call back, this time I get a very nice  young man, again, I explain the whole situation, he says  he has a uverese department that is open today and he'll transfer me to them, I wait 5 minutes only to be transfered to an AT&T wireless rep in the retetntion department. He was very nice  and explained that my best course of action would be to call on Monday when the Uverse deparment is open. 

At&t has a bunch of reps who don't know what they're doing, and rather than being honest, they just transfer you to someone else so they don't have to mess with  you any longer. 

I'm going to cancel my uverse internet, and close my at&t wireless account, until they can figure yout how to take care of their customers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.