Alamo200936's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 20th, 2017 4:25 AM

Closed

Why does it take so long to get my service restored after it has been erroneously turned off?

First a little background, a few days ago my internet service was shut off 1 week before the due date printed on the bill. I called to speak to somebody about this problem and went ahead and paid the bill, they said no problem sir it WILL be back on in about 2 hours. 6 hours passes and still no internet so I called them back to see what was going on. Tech support informed me that although the payment had gone through it was still showing as suspended and that it would in fact be 24 hours before it was on. This was because the department I actually needed to speak with was closed. I was not happy about this but was forced to accept it. So, 24 hours passed and still no internet so I called back and talked to the department i was supposed to talk to. They submitted an order for a suspension in error and told me it would be back on in 2 hours. Another 6 hours passes and still no internet so I called back got transferred back and forth 8 times between the two departments and was made assurances that the problem was solved and my service would be restored. Long story short I still have no internet, my question is if tech support keeps telling me ceedits and collections is supposed to handle this and credits and collections keeps telling me tech support is supposed to handle it, who exactly am I supposed to talk to, to get this extremely frustrating situation straightened out?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Alamo200936,

It can take up to 24 hours for a payment to post depending on the payment method and how long it take for the bank to process the payment. Is your service still down? Also, what products do you have? U-verse internet? DSL?

To prevent service disruptions, setting up auto-pay is recommended. If you need further assistance, feel free to chat with us

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I understand all to well, as I am currently dealing with the exact problem. I called 6 times and kept being blown off, so the payment finally posted and now I'm being told to call direct tv directly now I'm confused because I thought direct tv wasn AT&T and now they're transferring me to collections meanwhile I have 203 error code on my tv 24 hours later. I am considering going back to Charter because this service is horrible and everyone keeps passing you off instead of trying to help the costumer. Still no cable!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This is the worse service I've had with any Phone,Internet ,Tv Services. I really can't believe the several times I had to call them & spent over 2 hours talking with the last At&t Rep today. One of their names was Mich (yes, 2 of them & only one of me) I made that call at 3:30pm & wasn't hanging up till 5:42pm. With a headache that's outta this world...Me too, NO Internet Service as of right now. Besides, them taking longer to turn Internet back on. I've have NEVER been lied to so many times during one phone conversation by two people. I don't understand as to "why" the Bundle Package prices (promotions) didn't go thru as a result I'm being railroad to paying FULL PRICES. For even the first 3 months where I was offered the price of $105 (after the first 3 months, if I wanted to continue with all the "Premier Channels" including the house phone & Internet Service, the promotional price given to me was $155 ( after the first 3 months) along with an "NFL Seasonal Pass FREE" & a Visa Gift card for $100...Imagine that,how at the time I was offered this Promotional Bundle Pkg Deal- "somehow" those quoted prices was NOT updated so, I've to pay A RRIDICULOUSLY HIGH PRICE even for the first 3 months and being a first time At&t Customer. Only 2 things of that Promotional Deal was "They say I've a "FREE NFL SEASONAL PASS" along with the "FREE $100 VISA GIFT CARD"....I'm sorry, if I'm missing something but, to me that's a mouth full of LIES. To top this all off my phone & Internet went $10 higher...I questioned her as to why they went up when I'm "suppose" to get a $10 discount because,of having 2 bills combined. S.M.H.....I am so NOT satisfied with their sservices to their Customer Service .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

P.S....let me add my service was turned off on the date of the statement (May 16th 2018) I had been calling, & calling them to only get transferred & finally hung up on...During the 1st 3 mos we didn't get service to properly work either. During the conversation I was told I'd receive this credit,& that credit....Different story though once I made a payment during that phone call...LIES went from bad 2 worse, if at all that's possible. Oh and this wasn't the first payment I made to them. I was trying to hold off of paying such a crazy amount till I could get someone there that had a little sense...I was told I was being billed 4 "unturned" equipment (in the first few phone calls to the Promotional Bundle package wasn't update at the time They offered it to me..."WHY NOT??"

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!