Kpanks's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 18th, 2017 5:01 PM

Why am I charged to cancel my service on an account that I have had for over 5 years?

I have had Uverse/internet service for over 5 years. In August 2016, our home flooded as a result of the "2016 Great Flood of Louisiana ". At that time, because we were not able to lived  in our home, I asked to hold our service until we were able to return home. Several months later, I returned our service for which I should not have had a new contract, nor remember initiating a contract. We had problems with our internet uploads speeds, so I called for a technician to come out. I was told we had the best available internet for my area. Because we need our computer for work, I had to find something better. When I called to cancel I was told we were under contract for another 2.5 months and there would be a $45 fee. We have been with Att for forever ( from Alltel) on our phones and with Uverse for probably close to 10 years. Can you please help to remove this charge? I just don't see the justification. Thank you so much for your help.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

6 years ago

It is possible that 9.5 months ago, they gave you a promotional discount on your account that required one year contract. 

The reps should be able to see the history of your account.

These charges can't be waived. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I would like to see this verification of an agreement from 9.5 months ago. How can a company charge a customer for ending a service for which they cannot adequately supply? Any charge can we waived, exceptions occur all the time.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.