axema's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 28th, 2014 5:08 AM

Wheres the DSL I was promised?

I've been living in the same location since 2001. I had bellsouth before ATT bought them and said they would provide "100 percent of the residential living units in the AT&T/BellSouth in-region territory" with broadband by December 31, 2007. It's now 2014 and I still cannot get DSL while many of the areas which are also rural around me can. I live on a street with 14 houses and 10 of them are paying 70-80 a month for satellite internet. We would all gladly pay 70-80 a month for DSL even if it were just 3 meg DSL. I've tried time and time again to get information about ATT's plans to service this area, but have gotten no where. Anyone else in this same situation?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@axema@  wrote:

I've been living in the same location since 2001. I had bellsouth before ATT bought them and said they would provide "100 percent of the residential living units in the AT&T/BellSouth in-region territory" with broadband by December 31, 2007. It's now 2014 and I still cannot get DSL while many of the areas which are also rural around me can. I live on a street with 14 houses and 10 of them are paying 70-80 a month for satellite internet. We would all gladly pay 70-80 a month for DSL even if it were just 3 meg DSL. I've tried time and time again to get information about ATT's plans to service this area, but have gotten no where. Anyone else in this same situation?

Good luck with that. I had Uverse TV and Internet. Due to my disability I had to move to a single level home, We moved three blocks from our original home with Uverse 5 years ago and AT&T has not managed to get Uverse to out new home yet.

Most deals struck with politicians by big business in the "heat of the deal" usually fall by the wayside shortly after the deal is finalised, or seldom meet the expectations of the actual consumer/taxpayer. I live in Illinois and Sears struck a deal with our state for a huge tax break, if they did not close any stores in our state. Well, it turns out that the deal really was that they would not close any stores for 6 months, Of course after that 6 months they closed a half dozen stores which put about 3000 people out of work.

Unfortunately, at this point you will more than likely never see DSL from AT&T.

First off, AT&T considers 3G/4G/LTE cell service a viable form of broadband (they've also convinced the government of this as well), so if your can get an AT&T cell phone, they're probably considering their obligation fulfilled.

Second, the scuttlebutt is that AT&T will more than likely be selling off all it's wireline (landline phone, DSL, and Uverse) markets in the near future. They've already sold their Conneticut wireline market to Fronteir.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.