For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Siksik's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, February 26th, 2017 3:28 AM

Where can I make a formal complaint regarding internet bill

September 30, 2006 I changed my DSL internet service with U-verse internet and directv bundle service. At that time I got a new account for this U~verse internet, ATT rep said my account for the DSL internet that I had been using would be canceled automatically and the payment I already made for October would be refunded by mail. But the next month I still got a bill from the DSL internet account. I called customer service and chatted with an ATT rep regarding my internet bill which had to be cancelled. I told her about this problem she said she would cancel my old account and would give a credit for this bill and send me the refund. But same thing happened again and again even though a rep who I talked with last month made a promise this would never happen and gave a confirmation number. Today, I received a bill again. This is awful, how long I have to do this. I would like to file a complaint up the chain to make sure management knows about this ridiculous situation in which nothing was done to fix it. I can't seem to find a place I can file this type of complaint. I need help!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I have a similar problem. I have been trying since February to get them to take off the equipment charge on my Internet account. I bought my U-Verse modem a long time ago when we went to U-Verse from DSL. The last time I got a special rate for service, the lady I talked to put an equipment rental charge of $10.70 on my bill ($10 + tax). I have called and done a live chat for the last 4 months. I get a credit for the money and have been assured 4 different times that it will be taken care of and removed from my bill. The representatives that I've talked to verified that there was no new equipment sent to me and that I had NEVER been charged equipment rental before. The person that set me up kept insisting that they rented modems, even though I told her that I bought mine.

I'm done working with people that don't follow through. I want to talk to a top level manager that has the authority to take this charge off of my bill. I actually want emails as phone conversations never give me a record of what was said. I did a chat last time so that I would have a record.

At this point, AT&T will be losing a customer when I lose this rate. Since they won't/can't seem to remove this charge, I will not spend another 12 months making phone calls to have them correct their mistake. I'm also thinking I will get in touch with the Better Business Bureau to complain. This is ridiculous.

HOW do I get in touch with a management person in billing? Thanks for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.