For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
timtiptoes's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 5:48 AM

Closed

What is the range of ip addresses that ATT might assign to my DSL modem?

A web service provider needs to know my ip address to enable me to access their service. Of course mine is assigned dynamically, but always within a certain range. What is that range or how do I find it out? Of course I could reply back to them that the range is 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255 but that's a little pathological. Certainly there's a range that ATT is allocated and a portion of they assign dynamically to customers like me.

thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello timtiptoes.  Thanks for your post.  I discovered from the article I am blocked from visiting some websites but not others that if you go to arin.net you will see your IP address at the top of the page/browser.  Please try that to see if you can access your IP address (I just tried and it worked for me)!  Smiley Happy  ~Delia

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

Thanks. That's a good solution for finding out my *current* ip address, but my ip address might change everytime I reboot my DSL modem. As such there will a new ipaddress and I imagine it will be in some *range*.  This is what I need to give this 3rd party web service provider so they can enter it into their security tables something like "Service requests from timtiptoes that come from ipaddresses in the range x to y"

Without getting the official response, I'm liable to restart my modem a hundred times over a few weeks and hope that the assigned ip addresses span the range. But of course that's something to do only if my DSL internet provider can't explicitly provide the range 🙂

thanks for your help. 

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Ah timtiptoes, thanks for clarifying!  

I did some research.  Unfortunately an actual range of ip addresses is not available.  Smiley Sad However ... if you chose a Static IP Plan that would handle your issue!  I am not sure if that is possible for you, (or even if you are interested) but I wanted to offer an alternative solution in my efforts to try to help you!  ~Delia

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Okay, well thanks anyway. I figure I could always spend my way out of a technical issue. I'll just look at my ip address over a period of time and hope that defines the range.

thanks,

Tim

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.