Explore & discover

Helpful Links

What is my data usage?

Community Support

What is my data usage?

­

HOW TO CHECK BROADBAND USAGE

This article will provide information about using the Broadband Usage section of myAT&T.

AT&T's residential DSL High Speed Internet plans have a usage allowance of 150 Gigabytes ("GB") per month. The usage allowance is the amount of data you can send and receive each month.

Customers who wish to monitor their usage may use the Usage & Recent Activity section located at myAT&T (att.com) to see their usage totals by month, follow the instructions below.

Step by step instructions

1. Click the link for our eSupport site at http://att.com/internet-usage.

2. Click the View my usage button.

Usage 1.png

3. Log in with your user name (Member ID) and account password.

Usage 3.png

4. Move the mouse over the Internet tab at the top and click on the Usage & Recent
Activity
link found under My Internet Service.

Usage 4.png

5. You will see the current data usage for this month along with an explanation of how their usage was gathered and displayed.

Note: Data is posted on the site four days after it is collected.

Usage 5.png

6. You may click View bill & usage reports to create a report showing your usage levels for a range of months on a graph.

7. You can choose the start and end dates for their report and click the Submit button to generate the report.

Usage 6.png

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 7
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: What is my data usage?

For more information please visit Broadband usage FAQs

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 7

Data Usage -- About to Exceed and subsequently Exceeded

Since about October, have gotten notices that I have reached 65%, 75%, 90% and then go over --- have 150 GB Limit on the DSL --- before October never even came close to reaching this figure and now all of a sudden this is now an issue and no one can not answer a question because they cannot see information on there screen what or which devices are causing this abnormal amount of usage.  I have gone to great extremes to turn Wifi off on all associated devices in the house and continue with this problem and it is consuming alot of my time unnessarily.  I am now to the the point, is there something else to go to that is not so complicated.  I am seriously thinking about later next year of switching all services to a competitor.  I just go in circles and because no one can see from one group to another group.  Very frustrating!!!

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

Viewing daily usage from previous collection period

I've been collecting the daily bandwidth usage for a few months now, but as it takes 2-3 days to be viewable on the website and usage is reset at the end of the collection period. This means that I can only get most of the days. The automatic help (video at https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/dsl-high-speed/KM1116099) showed exactly what I need to do, but after looking back at mine, I cannot find the "previously billed usage" drop down, nor the "download as CSV" button, but it does show the current collection period's daily usage. Did I miss something, or did somthing change?

Message 4 of 7
Community Support

Re: Viewing daily usage from previous collection period

Hi @Imanton1,

We used the link you provided was showed the option to view past billing periods and the option to download as shown below. Make sure you have the latest  browser. We used Chrome.Usage.png

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Re: Viewing daily usage from previous collection period

Usage 5.png

(taken from https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Account/What-is-my-data-usage/td-p/4152556) is the page I am seeing when I follow the instructions.

Message 6 of 7
Tutor

Data Usage with DSL Ultra

Hi, Is there any way to get data usage when I have DSL Ultra?  I tried to get this from ATT.com yesterday and it wouldn't give it to me.  So, I Chatted with AT&T and was told they would send it to me within 1-2 hours.  I never got it.  I Chatted with them again today and was routed through 5 or 6 different people, some of them spoke English(!), and phone numbers and was finally told that it might take 24 hours for the info for last year to update on ATT.com, so try again tomorrow, which seem to be just passing the buck!

Is this info, just not available for DSL?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support