For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Q9utep's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, May 26th, 2018 2:20 PM

Verizon, AOL, Yahoo now OATH

I did not sign the document for the new OATH merge involving Verizon, and AOL, and possibly YAHOO.   Do I really need to sign up for this or is my internet service and telephone ok as it is?   I do not want any more of my personal information shared with the world from what I read recently, and the disconnection of my phone and internet is a concern.  So what is the real story on this issue?  I thought AT&T separated there business with YAHOO and now this issue comes in!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Yahoo is att's email service provider.  Yahoo is under oath, and oath under verizon.  So the only thing that might be affected is your email access.  It was the legacy att accounts that were unmerged from yahoo, or at least that's the claim.  But you are still stuck with yahoo, and thus oath, if you want to continue to use att's email.   There's nothing stopping you from switching email service providers and using att for everything else.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Ok, I have my e-mail merged through Microsoft iCloud, so does that affect
anything with Yahoo? Or Oath?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If you mean you switched to using Microsoft iCloud as an email service provider then you are no longer letting yahoo (oath) get it's grubby little hands on your email content!  The only word that throws me a bit off with your post is "merged".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.