SNewton11's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 25th, 2019 11:06 AM

Unhappy ATT Uverse Customer

Since becoming a ATT uverse customer it has been a thorn in my side. First I signed up for internet special and took multiple phone calls to customer service with no resolve. The customer service on the phone are like robots reading a script. It will make you pull every strand of your hair out talking to them. My issue was  was finally resolved  by online customer service through facebook, Because I receive income once a month, I pay the bill every month at the end of month. This is usually past my due date and up until 3 months ago I was receiving email alert to set up payment arrangement. The first month I did not receive alert my service was turned off and I was forced to make a same day payment or my service would remain off. The rep actually ask me if I could borrow the money. Fortunately I was able to get the money. At that time, the rep assured me I would start receiving alerts and , by the way never,  offered to change my due date or any other resolution. The next month because of all of the drama, I remembered to call and make an arrangement. Well this month, still no email alert but I went online to make the payment but was having issue with web page so I decided I'll call them in the morning. To my surprise, the next day, service was off about 10 days after the due date. Although I explained my situation, they refused to set up an arrangement, even with secured payment. Still no offer to change the due date. i was so frustrated because I needed my internet desperately that day. In speaking with the loyalty department, I got even more upset when the rep opted to read all of the disclosure while talking over me and flat out told me the service would remain off, service would disconnect at end of billing cycle and nonchalantly said I apologize you did not receive the alert. So ATT would rather lose a customer than allow a payment arrangement to restore service. I am so sick of companies like ATT who are monopolies and treating customer poorly. Well, ATT we have choice!!  I am currently searching for an internet provider and will subscribe to hulu or netflix. I'm done with large cable companies.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

I too, get a check once a month (SS) but I've figured out how to pay my bills on time using a spreadsheet and bill pay via my bank.  This comes from my many years in the banking business and understanding the importance of being a responsible consumer and how it effects your credit rating.

That being said, your account must be up-to-date in order to make payment arrangements.  Once your account is current, you can request a change.  Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date.  Please keep in mind that when a billing cycle is changed you will see prorated charges to get all of the billing back on track with the new dates.

You can log into your account online to make payment arrangements, change your billing dates and set up or verify email billing alerts. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

No thanks, I will not be calling ATT. They don't even compare to Comcast. Furthermore, I did not ask to come back to ATT, nor I'm I being irresponsible. I will not be calling them to reinstate or change the bill cycle date to get a prorated bill.  I simply shared my unpleasant experience with a greed company

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

U opinion is simply your opinion and not appreciated

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

What I stated are FACTS.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Your facts, not mine. Why dont you mind your own business

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Bitter much?

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate it 

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Did you not receive monthly bill?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.