Explore & discover

Helpful Links

U-Verse TV and Xfinity Internet.

Contributor

U-Verse TV and Xfinity Internet.

So I have U-Verse TV and Internet right now and my family loves the TV but the Internet just isn't really cutting it. So I want to get Xfinity Internet which will be much faster, and wasn't sure if I could have U-Verse TV and Xfinity Internet at the same time without there being any problems.

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DarkKrazy
‎05-20-2019 7:09 AM

Re: U-Verse TV and Xfinity Internet.

The 2 can exist in same home as products are delivered differently, one using coax the other phone wiring.

Note... If your currently in a 12 month bundle promotion for Uverse products reducing or cancelling a service (internet) results in losing all discounts. The tv service goes to full retail price per the TOS.

If your not receiving any discounts, paying full price for both services then cancelling internet will not affect tv pricing.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Alright, first thank you for the incredibly quick response. Second I was looking around online for people asking the same question and saw that someone said that you can have both U-verse tv and Xfinity Internet but you lose DVR functions for U-verse. Is that true, is there anything that lost on the TV side with getting rid of the AT&T internet? Or will it all be the same, just different internet.

Message 3 of 5
Employee

There are some Uverse apps that will not work as the internet will not connect to the gateway.

But the DVR receiver and any receivers will still function with the Uverse remote. 

Of course you could always pay for 2 internet services. If either has an issue you still would have a connection.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

U-verse apps? As long as we can watch tv and still keep our recordings and continue to record stuff that's all i'm really worried about. What U-verse apps do you mean, like U-verse phone apps that connect to our wifi or dvr?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support