DarkKrazy's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2019 10:20 PM

Closed

U-Verse TV and Xfinity Internet.

So I have U-Verse TV and Internet right now and my family loves the TV but the Internet just isn't really cutting it. So I want to get Xfinity Internet which will be much faster, and wasn't sure if I could have U-Verse TV and Xfinity Internet at the same time without there being any problems.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Alright, first thank you for the incredibly quick response. Second I was looking around online for people asking the same question and saw that someone said that you can have both U-verse tv and Xfinity Internet but you lose DVR functions for U-verse. Is that true, is there anything that lost on the TV side with getting rid of the AT&T internet? Or will it all be the same, just different internet.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

U-verse apps? As long as we can watch tv and still keep our recordings and continue to record stuff that's all i'm really worried about. What U-verse apps do you mean, like U-verse phone apps that connect to our wifi or dvr?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to literally install the new xfinity internet to the at&t uverse tv already in place.  I have a modem that has been "turned on" by xfinity but just forget where to to plug in what.  Trying to avoid the $70 instal fee.  Please and thanks.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@jnorton617 

I thought post 2 above was pretty clear.  Xfinity and att uverse internet/tv are two entirely distinct system requiring two entirely distinct home/street connections and equipment.  Xfinity is delivered by coax.  Uverse internet/tv is delivered by copper wires (or depending upon location, fiber).  Xfinity's coax from the street is connected to Xfinity's DOCSIS modem in you home (strung from where it enters from the street to probably some wall plate in your house).  Similarly att's street connection is connected to att's modem (gateway, not DOCSIS compatible) also in your house. All distinct connections.  Not sure why this is not clear.

Nothing you have for xfinity will help you for installing att uverse tv/internet.  Nothing.  So if there isn't already a pre-existing att tv/internet connection to your location you will incur the $99 installation fee (not $70) that includes a installer dispatched to add the requisite wiring.  Also should you decide to install att uverse tv/internet you need to know if that is even feasible for your location and if so what is available.  To find that out check Availability.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We’re not asking how it works. We’re asking how to install ourselves. I have yet to be able to get my U-verse TV to work with Xfinity internet even though I was told it would work. Followed instructions entirely from ATT’s tech support to connect my Xfinity internet’s modem to the DVR box, the ATT modem, and the WAP. Nothing worked. Can anyone please share a picture of how it should be connected and what cord goes to which box?! I put everything back the way it was originally and now that won’t even work. Beyond frustrated! My ATT internet does not work. 2 MBPS OR LESS, Comcast Xfinity is already at 70+ MBPS speeds. But we love U-verse TV and want to keep it. 

• 

1 Message

Hi laurenl16 were you able to get your uverse to work with the xfinity? Thinking about doing the same thing you did and keeping my TV with ATT and internet with Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@my thoughts 

so when I call ATT to turn off internet, the U-Verse cable and DVR will still work by itself without having an internet source directly connected to the DVR box? I thought that’s how U-verse TV was all internet based? 

Thank you for your quick response and explanation. I don’t understand why tech support on the phone was trying to get me to connect Ethernet cords from xfinity to U-verse? 🤦🏼‍♀️

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I wanted to know will U-verse work with xfinity internet. Unfortunately, my internet speed with Att is not far enough for me and my niece to work from home. I love my U-verse .

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have ATT Uverse TV and Comcast xfinity internet. No problems with my DVR. NONE

TV is free as it comes with my HOA fees. Since ATT internet is too slow, I ordered xfinity wifi. Some plugs got unplugged and now bedroom wifi won’t work. 

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Sounds messy to convert from Xfinity to ATT and vice versa. Would it be better to pay for installation?

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 year ago

3 year old topic, closing to further posting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.