OHQ_Saucey's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 15th, 2013 11:47 PM

The worst internet I have ever had, EVER.

First off I will say that I came from having around, 45Mbps Download and about 8Mbps Upload.  I now have a very, VERY slow 16Mbps Download and 1.5Mbps Upload I cannot stand how terrible this Internet is and I am paying for the fastest package you provide.  This is ridiculous!  I was told the Internet would be "Faster and better!" then when I had it the first time.  Any and every time I play a game online or try to download something I am constantly lagging and the download takes longer then necessary.  I am very unsatisfied with my service.  I just do not understand how you can provide such terrible Internet speed.  The max Internet speed package is 24Mbps!?  That's the speed of Time Warner's BASIC Internet speed if not faster... not to mention they offer a much more faster reliable Internet speed then AT&T can offer. I must say I still can't see why I get stuck with "Blazing fast speeds!" and "Max Turbo" Internet package that is slower then advertised.  I almost can say it's false advertising but that is just me, I am to the point where I will drop my Internet package permanently from AT&T and switch to TWC for my Internet.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Hello OHQ_Saucey, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond and I'm sorry you're having issues with your Internet speeds. Have you had a chance to talk to technical support or customer service about it? If not or if you still need help, I should be able to find a right person that can help you find a good solution. Please send me a private message by clicking here, include your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank You,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Is this not what they call throttling? Yesterday I had 20 Mbps on my ethernet and 5 on my wireless. I connected my laptop to the ethernet and still had 5. So I checked the desktop, and whatdyaknow, 5 mbps also. Go through all the hoops-- rebooting,-- checking connections--try a different web page. Cell phone plans too high, pixalation in my HD tv's and a run around trying to get them to un-throttle my max turbo that is overpriced to begin with. I hated the previous provider I had, but at least my internet was as advertised. Time to look around. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have already contacted customer service plenty of times.  I think that this is outragous that I cannot have the speeds that I expect to have with your highest internet package this just does not make any sense to me.  I am a gamer and I expect the speeds to meet my needs, when I am playing or not, but when you get bad ping constantly every 3 to 5 seconds it is very annoying and I cannot enjoy my games when I have the spare time to play them.  I have tested my ping number of times with the command prompt connecting to google.com and when I get the results I can see every 5 or so pings it spikes up to a really high number sometimes in the thousands and it is a nuisance when I skip around in a game I am playing online with my buddies.  I would like for this issue to be resolved in some way, I have had technicians come out to the house numorus times to fix the terrible job that the last technician did the time before.  I am getting tired of having to have someone come out to the house to simply re-wire everything because the last technician was just sloppy and carelessly hooked everything up.  I had ATT before and the internet and service was not the same as now I just do not know what went wrong, I would just like everything to work properly so I can enjoy this so called "$65" internet package I am paying for and if it still does not work or meet my expectations I will stop paying for your internet service and go to another company due to this slow network you are running on.  Other than this I have nothing else to say or clarify on this subject I just want what I am paying for.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Got your private message and one of our managers will be calling you shortly.

Thanks again.

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just purchase a new Home and now I have to put it up for sale - Because AT$T is By Far The WORST INTERNET PROVIDER ON THE PLANET - (Third World Countries have BETTER Providers!)

Like the seventies is a Monopoly here where I live - They are it!

2014 and my service is dila up 1/2 MBPS upload Speed - Let me say that again 1/2 of upload SPEED! TRANSEFER RATE - 4 - 12 SECONDS - No more Broadcasting 4 me or Streaming Videos and it takes 12 Hours Plus to upload a file of 600MB... Every day my Internet Lags or Disconnect - I am on my 3rd Router and I spare no expense on ALL OF MY DEVICES (pc etc)

Its NOT about the Service - is about Corp Greed!  It takes Provisioning - Programming which they CAN do - but they won`t Because they do NOT want anyone Streaming Videos or Uploading Files..It has been 5 Years since I had to pay for TV.. AT$T wants to make sure that does NOT happen... espcially the who inplemented a 1/2 MBPS Upload Speed - I Wish You The WORST!!!

LOST OF INCOME 40% and counting

"Oh where sorry you are having Problems" - the problems do something about it!

12000 People in my community and have NO clue they are being raked by  Ma Bell.. So we are getting togeather to start our OWN ISP or HotSpot and we can do it because we HAVE THE CASH! Everyday I DO NOT LOOK FORWARD TO MY INTERNET - knowing how HORRIBLE IS GOING TO BE!!!! do something about it and STOP POSTING Crap

PS:: If you Do NOT Like reading my colorful Vocabulary  Never in My Life Time I would see a Company go Backwards IS ALL about the MONEY Bottom line that is Why it will NEVER Change..

I figure after I start educating everyone about This Scam AT&T has going on People will start Dumping them! AT$T I Wish YOU The Worst... I am Anonymous we are Legion - WE DO NOT FORGIVE - WE DO NOT FORGET - EXPECT US!

[Inappropriate content removed]

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same here. This has been going on at my house for several years. I have called multiple times. Sometimes they admit something is not working propertly, they adjust, it works for a few weeks, then back to the same old slow speeds. My husband wants to move to TWC. I don't know if that will be any better, but we are definitely not getting what we pay for with ATT. lately it's worse than dialup.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have also delt with this horrible internet , ive been threatened by AT&T customer service and Presidential Offices that i will be disconnected if i continue to complain about my services , for 6 years ive had at&t , and they always said i needed to upgrade then then they would say oh your 15 feet too far to get the best service we need to downgrade you. then uverse came and it was worse then DSL after more then 1000 calls a tech found a open line at the end of a road , caped it off i had perfect internet for about 1 year , one day coming home i seen 4 at&t trucks digging up a yard replaceing about 30 foot of cable , BOOOM back to problems again , i am contantly calling and they are contantly lowering my internet to the point it is worthless , today i called again , the lady got rude with me on the phone said that i see here in your notes they have done everything they can but i will set a appointment for tomorrow and then low and behold i come here to check status Canceled . i said how is it my services are fine untill you guys start digging things up and you come and lower my interent to nothing and say sorry cant help you but then charge me for max service ????????????? im 100% sure you guys are back to throttling that you got fined for and i think you should remember what this man said because i will once again put in a call to the public service commision , FCC and whoever else will listen.

"Consumers deserve to get what they pay for,” FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler said in the announcement. “Broadband providers must be upfront and transparent about the services they provide. The FCC will not stand idly by while consumers are deceived by misleading marketing materials and insufficient disclosure.”

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T uses our payments to lobby/bribe our reps to allow them to gouge us. I just got turned down from 3.0 to 1.5 ... in 2017!

Years of broken promises ... Nah, outright LIES!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I agree that AT&T is the ABSOLUTE WORST INTERNET PROVIDER EVER!!!! We do not have cable and stream through Netflix and Hulu and it honest to goodness takes an hour to watch a 25 minute show because the WiFi constantly cuts in and out and every 2 or 3 minutes it has to buffer to catch up because the internet runs so slow! We will be cancelling our service immediately and returning to Xfinity!!!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

It is not just you, mine is the worst internet service I have ever had, can not wait to cancel it, I have regretted getting it since the first week, only 11 more months and AT&T will never hear from me again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.