Nightcaste's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 1st, 2013 7:37 PM

Closed

Sick of the junk mail.

Today marks the 10th time I have had to call U-Verse and ask them to stop sending me ads in the mail.  I have the internet service because my apartment complex has and exclusivity agreement, so my only other option is satellite.

Every time, the CSR tells me "I have submitted a request to have you removed from the mailing list.  It takes 7-10 days to process, but after that you should not get any more ads in the mail."  Two weeks later, more ads.

What can I do to actually get this to stop?  Cease and desist letter?  Complain to the BBB?  Something tells me that if I actually DO cancel my service and go with satellite, AT&T will just bombard me with even more junk mail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Or maybe not contribute more trash to our collective trash problem? Or have you never heard of this problem? Go ahead and google that for me will you? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I ended up dropping my wireless AT&T service over their tree-murdering U-Verse spam. As I told them time and again - I had absolutely no interest in their TV, telephone, or internet services. I had myself added to their do-not-mail list, they continued to stuff my box full of trash.

I learned that the only way to stop the abuse was to drop their services - so, after 13 solid years with AT&T, I switched a competitor.

Now, I'm getting hammered with "we want you back" mailings. You guys are blacklisted for life.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@rmzalbar wrote:

I ended up dropping my wireless AT&T service over their tree-murdering U-Verse spam. As I told them time and again - I had absolutely no interest in their TV, telephone, or internet services. I had myself added to their do-not-mail list, they continued to stuff my box full of trash.

I learned that the only way to stop the abuse was to drop their services - so, after 13 solid years with AT&T, I switched a competitor.

Now, I'm getting hammered with "we want you back" mailings. You guys are blacklisted for life.

Yes, and you'll likely still get offers for their other services, too. Heck, I get maiil offering TV service from the provider I have my service with!

Life's too short to worry about stuff like that. Throw it in the recycle bin and move on. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm going though the same problem where I wasted time calling ATT to get off their junk mail list, they told me I would be off of it, and I am still receiving junk mail a year later from them about U-verse, over once a week and have been for a few years now. I am sick of it. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Besides being aggravating and inefficient, it's just plain BAD business sense, (i.e. people thinking of dropping AT&T for the very principle of such thoughtless waste). It's also aggravating in our modern times to read that some people still think of such a vluable renewable resource as TRASH.  I'm glad to read that there are others here who practice mindfullness in reducing consumption and applaude them for caring as much anout the future as the present.  Making a living doesn't have to synonomous with wastefullness, overconsumption and creating more "trash".

No one AT&T customer should have to request more than once to stop receiving mail they deem junk.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

You've  also explained another reason why we need bigger government and more governmental regulations to reign in such massive corporate abuse and waste, well done!  I usually surmise that people who call paper trash must not have children, or are showing that they don't really care about their children's future like they may think they do.  When your decendants read this years from now, what would you like them to think of your legacy?  What we think of as unimportant today may likely be thought of very differently in the future.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Good grief...wait until you retire. DH just turned 65 and my mailbox has at least 2 pieces of junk mail from Medicare supplements every day. 

The government had to have sold his information!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Calling AT&T to get on the Do Not Mail list doesn't work. I called & they gave me a confirmation number and everything, but I'm still receiving junk mail from them at least twice a week a year later. I'm tempted to stop being a "valued internet customer" so that I can at least cut down on all those "we found that you qualify for X package" mailings.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Calling AT&T to get on the Do Not Mail list doesn't work. I called (spent 20 minutes on the call/on hold) & they gave me a confirmation number and everything, but I'm still receiving junk mail at least twice a week a year later. I'm tempted to stop being a "valued internet customer" so that I can at least cut down on all those "we found that you qualify for X package" mailings.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

7 years ago, I signed up for a bundle with AT&T and Dish network.

The salesperson guaranteed I would have all the options I wanted on it.

I could really care less what options, except for the 1, and that I was totally adamant about.

I wanted a single bill for both things:  AT&T and Dish.

He guaranteed me that was the way it would be.

I started getting 2 bills each month, 1 from Dish 1 from AT&T

I also noticed the uneducated uncaring and low mentality salesman had mispelled my name.

within 3 months I got fed up with mutilple bills for the 2 services I had mandated

I wanted.  I cancelled and paid off the contract.

I REFUSE EVER to go back to ANY services from AT&T or dish network.

Setup a contract, and the contract not even worth the paper is written on.

Now almost 7 years later, after multiple attempts to remove the wrong mistyped name from AT&T and Dish network mailings, I still have not gotten the lousy thing off their misbegotten list.

Shows just how incompetent that organization is, and they surely do not like complaints, as you can well see, they ignore them.

I have PTSD, I get extremely upset when I get more mailings advertising for Dish network and is using THAT name on my address.  7 years of trying to get it removed, and still they enjoy mailing the lousy garbage they are pushing to people who absolutely will have nothing to do with them because they REALLY do not try to take care of their contracts or their words.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.