Sick of the junk mail.

Sick of the junk mail.

Today marks the 10th time I have had to call U-Verse and ask them to stop sending me ads in the mail.  I have the internet service because my apartment complex has and exclusivity agreement, so my only other option is satellite.

Every time, the CSR tells me "I have submitted a request to have you removed from the mailing list.  It takes 7-10 days to process, but after that you should not get any more ads in the mail."  Two weeks later, more ads.

What can I do to actually get this to stop?  Cease and desist letter?  Complain to the BBB?  Something tells me that if I actually DO cancel my service and go with satellite, AT&T will just bombard me with even more junk mail.

Message 1 of 24 (4,914 Views)
Community Support

Re: Sick of the junk mail.

Nightcaste We would be more than happy to get this taken care of for you if you can please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare with your full address (including zip code) and best contact number and one of our managers will reach out to you shortly.

~ Andy

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 2 of 24 (4,858 Views)

I too have requested multiple times to stop receiving Uverse offers and other att junk mail. I haven't had any luck either. I keep getting some AT&T offer about once a week. It's very annoying. I'm about to leave att entirely on principle alone. I don't want your stupid Uverse or any other AT&T product. All I want is my phone and internet. Stop harassing me or you will lose the business you already have with me.
Message 3 of 24 (4,767 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Americansailor wrote:
I too have requested multiple times to stop receiving Uverse offers and other att junk mail. I haven't had any luck either. I keep getting some AT&T offer about once a week. It's very annoying. I'm about to leave att entirely on principle alone. I don't want your stupid Uverse or any other AT&T product. All I want is my phone and internet. Stop harassing me or you will lose the business you already have with me.

Why don't you read the entire thread to see what to do to remove your name from the mailing list?

Message 4 of 24 (4,753 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I am a customer who vehemently HATES. JUNK. MAIL. Accordingly, I rarely receive it because I'm constantly contacting any and all companies that send me unsolicited postal mail (to my name specifically or to my residence generally). after FIVE. LONG. YEARS, I continue to receive AT&T U-Verse mail solicitations to "Valued California Resident" at my home and I am at my wits end. I am now contemplating saving all future mailings, making note of the date I received them and conversations requesting my name/address removal.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

I have written three or four times to request removal. I have used all manner of polite and explicit language to this end without avail.

(I'm shouting here) TAKE ME OFF YOUR SOLICITATION LIST ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

Message 5 of 24 (4,571 Views)
Tutor

Perhaps they have already and they have had no luck?
Message 6 of 24 (4,568 Views)
Mentor

Golly, I know it may be aggravating, but is it that much trouble to pitch in a trash can?

Just think, your junk mail is helping one or more postal employees support themselves and their families with gainful work. The way the economy is now days, everyone needs a way to make a living.

No offense meant to anyone and no, I'm not a postal employee.

Message 7 of 24 (4,551 Views)
Scholar

I hate junk mail as much as anyone else.  Let me explain why junk mail is so hard to stop.  Most companies have a marketing co. to send out the mailings.  That company gets paid depending on how many mailings they send out.  Also they buy mailing lists and no telling how many lists your name appears.  The marketing companies have no incentive to stop the mailings as they are paid by how many mailing they send.  The best thing to do is throw it away.  That is what I do.

Understand that I do not know if this is how AT&T does their marketing.  This is how the company I work for does it.

If you can get junk mail stopped please post back with how you did it.  Another suggestion is to google stop junk mail and see if there is a web site you can register with to get off of all the mailing lists.

Good luck if all of this is worth your time.

Message 8 of 24 (4,480 Views)
Employee

torrnado wrote:

I am a customer who vehemently HATES. JUNK. MAIL. Accordingly, I rarely receive it because I'm constantly contacting any and all companies that send me unsolicited postal mail (to my name specifically or to my residence generally). after FIVE. LONG. YEARS, I continue to receive AT&T U-Verse mail solicitations to "Valued California Resident" at my home and I am at my wits end. I am now contemplating saving all future mailings, making note of the date I received them and conversations requesting my name/address removal.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

I have written three or four times to request removal. I have used all manner of polite and explicit language to this end without avail.

(I'm shouting here) TAKE ME OFF YOUR SOLICITATION LIST ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

We do have a Do Not Call/Do Not Mail list. You can call customer care and request to be removed from this list.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 24 (4,458 Views)
Contributor

Can you please be more specific? What exact number should I call to get removed?

I am not a current AT&T customer. When I call the standard customer care number @ 800 288-2020, they tell me they can't help me as I'm not a customer, then they transfer me, and then I get disconnected.

I am trying to get removed from all mailings from AT&T.
Message 10 of 24 (4,202 Views)
Contributor

Call customer care, sit on hold for 30 minutes, get transferred three times and finally disconnected? Or if you're lucky, find someone who says "Yes no problem we will take you off the list" only to find that you keep getting junk mail?

Give me a break. If AT&T cares about it's customers it will create a simple web form for people to opt out of junk mail. It's obnoxious that I had to sign up for an account just to direct message ATTCustomerCare in the vain hope that they will actually do something. It's doubly obnoxious that we have to waste so much time trying to get a company that we.pay.money.to to stop harassing us with junk mail.

Message 11 of 24 (3,921 Views)
Contributor

Or maybe not contribute more trash to our collective trash problem? Or have you never heard of this problem? Go ahead and google that for me will you? 

Message 12 of 24 (1,943 Views)
Tutor

I ended up dropping my wireless AT&T service over their tree-murdering U-Verse spam. As I told them time and again - I had absolutely no interest in their TV, telephone, or internet services. I had myself added to their do-not-mail list, they continued to stuff my box full of trash.

I learned that the only way to stop the abuse was to drop their services - so, after 13 solid years with AT&T, I switched a competitor.

Now, I'm getting hammered with "we want you back" mailings. You guys are blacklisted for life.

Message 13 of 24 (1,724 Views)
ACE - Professor

rmzalbar wrote:

I ended up dropping my wireless AT&T service over their tree-murdering U-Verse spam. As I told them time and again - I had absolutely no interest in their TV, telephone, or internet services. I had myself added to their do-not-mail list, they continued to stuff my box full of trash.

I learned that the only way to stop the abuse was to drop their services - so, after 13 solid years with AT&T, I switched a competitor.

Now, I'm getting hammered with "we want you back" mailings. You guys are blacklisted for life.

Yes, and you'll likely still get offers for their other services, too. Heck, I get maiil offering TV service from the provider I have my service with!

Life's too short to worry about stuff like that. Throw it in the recycle bin and move on. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 24 (1,697 Views)
Contributor

I'm going though the same problem where I wasted time calling ATT to get off their junk mail list, they told me I would be off of it, and I am still receiving junk mail a year later from them about U-verse, over once a week and have been for a few years now. I am sick of it. 

Message 15 of 24 (1,467 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support