dgtaylor's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 10th, 2016 3:53 PM

Service to New Property/Location

We have built a home on some property that has not had a home on it previously.  Our neighbors have AT&T internet service but the customer service rep I spoke with said its not available at our address.  How can we get a line ran to our home for service? I did call back and got another rep that had me call the AT&T Buried Wire Center.  I left a message for them to return my call but have not received a call back at this time.  The house is located in the city limits, we are the last property in the city limits, so it seems that AT&T would be able to provide service just by running a line to the house.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

@dgtaylor

If your neighbors have/are eligible for service, it's possible that your address isn't in their systems yet. Maybe try reaching out to the DSL Care team to see if they can check in on this for you?

DSL care can be contacted by clicking the link below and sending a message(expect a response over the next few days):

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/3617246

In the message body, please include the following:

- Name

- Address

- Phone number

- Contact email address

- The best time to contact you if needed

- The problem you are having(in detail)

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

While it is not a secret, for whatever reason, ATT prefers not to verify that it is not allowing any new customer connections in markets outside its Giga power buildups.

Put another way, ATT will not grant you a connection, unless you just happen to live in the right area.

Not an accident, and not one they intend to "fix".

This is one case, I can say with no concience whatsoever, if you can find another service provider in your area (not att) then go for ; it is the ONLY way you will be able to get your internet.

I wish you luck.

If it is that important, and you can put up with the low caps and slow speeds, wirless (cellular) based internet might be an option, assuming you have decent cell tower coverage.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Unfortunately, our cell coverage stinks at this location - if we are lucky we get 2 out of 5 bars with AT&T - I think I'm out of luck on this one 😞

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for this information.  I have sent a message to AT&T.  Waiting on their reply.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.