Ripped off by AT&T

Contributor

Ripped off by AT&T

Since October 2011, AT&T has charged me a total of $968.73 for AT&T Data charges. How this is possible is beyond me as I don't have any AT&T services - no wirless, no ditigal t.v., nor Internet, home phone or home security with the company. I have gone to the local AT&T office and have been turned away and told to contact AT&T corporate office. I have contacted AT&T corporate office and was told they don't know why I have been charged these amounts and to call my credit card company. I am a 78 years old and my husband is 81. We live on Social Security. As someone who is not tech savy nor confrontational, dealing with AT&T to explain what has happened to me to anyone who will listen has been an incredible burdensone and time consuming waste of many days. AT&T has done nothing to resolve this matter. How can I explain why I am being charged when I don't even have an account with AT&T, and yet the charges are all there for the past 33 months. If anyone has had this happen to them, I look forward to hearing how they got it resolved.

Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Ripped off by AT&T

Hello, UnhappyInHawaii!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the recurring data charges. We would be happy to review your account and go over the bill in detail, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support