For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
POPaulie's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 7:18 PM

Re: bill constantly being raised

I am one of AT&T's legacy customers, with landline, DSL and DISH bundled together. In the Atlanta market they are doing everything possible to dump DISH in favor of DirectTV, and of course they have always been big on the "pay more for less service" idea. Just sumbitted the following to the fake AT&T Office of the President (the mailing address is incorrect for that), along with another complaint to the Public Service Commission. 

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Thank you for your response of 1/21/2014 regarding the seemingly endless but ongoing steady escalation of my AT&T bills. Since receiving your letter this trend has clearly continued (see summary below), and I still remain most interested regarding why and how long this trend will continue.

Thanks for the top-heavy “public relations” content in your letter, albeit completely absurd, given AT&T’s solid ranking near the bottom in consumer rankings and public sentiments. Note, for example,  that for well over five years my DSL remained functional exactly ZERO times during heavy rainfall, often accompanied by my landline, and it took a special Christmas card delivered to the Dallas home of Randall Stephenson to finally get that resolved. Customer service has been of precisely zero interest to AT&T.

Veiled rate increases buried in the back of piles of paperwork may very well meet the legal requirements of proper notification, but neither it nor your explanations were of any informative or utilitarian values whatsoever. See customer service above.

My billings always clearly say “AT&T” on the front of them. DISH has been bundled with my AT&T services, and AT&T is the billing agent, thus effectively my contract is with AT&T and discussions will remain with AT&T.

My simple question remains – I want to know exactly what keeps going up (definitely not for improved service, still no evidence of that), and how much more of this I may expect in the future. AT&T has caused this headache, thus AT&T is expected to provide specific answers. What changed? See customer service above.

Month - Year - Billing

January   2013  $157.55

February 2013  $163.42

March     2013  $166.39

April        2013  $166.58

January   2014  $170.05

February 2014  $175.27

March     2014  $176.08

April        2014  $176.08

May         2014  $181.24

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, POPaulie!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your bill has increased. We would be happy to review your account and go over your bills with you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

10 years ago

I can totally relate to what you are saying. My bill keeps going up too. I have dish bundled with att also. It completely frustrates the heck out of me how they refuse to acknowledge Dish as being bundled with my other services because they are no longer offering Dish Satellite and only have Direct T.V.. I added Dish Network when AT&T was using Dish as their Satellite provider but that doesn't seem to matter to them. I prefer Dish over Direct t.v. so i refuse to dump dish and start direct t.v.. They are fixing to push Direct T.V. even more now that AT&T has purchased Direct T.V..

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for responding ATTMariana - that is a lot more than AT&T usually bothers to do. I have already had a couple of rounds with the pretend "Office of the President" (it really isn't, this is just a complaint escalation group not even remotely near Randall Stephenson's Dallas location - after sending a letter to his home the OOP noted that he had forwarded it to them, indicating that they were not really connected in any way, just a "feel good" name for customer no-service) and as noted the billing review has been done, with no real answers to ANY of my original questions. Thus far I have gotten the old read the mice print on your bills, what we have done is legal, thank you for choosing AT&T, yada yada. I've had my attorney spouse read this material over, and even she cannot decipher some of it. Look, I understand that AT&T is doing their best to rid themselves of wired phone customers, DSL service and legacy DISH people, but gradually raising prices is not the way to do it. The usual suggestion is to upgrade my service, which I offered to try, but I was informed that upgrades are not available in my area - DUH? Unless you are at a higher pay grade than the alleged Office of the President and the PSC, thanks much, but I'd rather leave this to them for now, and we'll escalate it to the next logical step when the time inevitably comes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.