Problems getting AT&T DSL/U-verse

Contributor

Problems getting AT&T DSL/U-verse

I hope I'm posting this in the correct area, so here it goes.....

I recently moved into a new home which was just built. However, the subdivision has been around since 2007ish I believe. Before moving in, we checked with a few neighbors to see what kind of internet service they had, the contractor that builds in the area told us it was AT&T, but we figured we would check for ourselves. Sure enough, the next door neighbor has U-verse and the houses in the cul de sac down from us also had U-verse or DSL (it varied). We decided to go down to the local AT&T store and have the schedule us to get U-verse or DSL, we didn't really care which one just as long as we could get some internet. Here's where the problems started....

The sales rep told us that our address wasn't showing up in their system as one that they service. I told him to put in the neighbor's address to see if it showed anything and of course it also said he didn't get service. I also told him about the rest of the houses in the area having AT&T and that there was even a grey AT&T box in our front yard. He decided to schedule a tech to come out and see what we could get.

A week later, I received a phone call from AT&T saying that we couldn't get DSL. The rep said the tech didn't say why, but that they would add a new ticket to the system to hook us up with U-verse since it was already in the area. The rep told us that it wouldn't be a problem to get U-verse or the tech wouldn't have suggested it. Well, a day later, I get another phone call from an AT&T rep saying that we couldn't get U-verse, again they didn't know why just said we couldn't. The tech was supposed to come to our house if we couldn't get service, but of course no one ever showed up and my wife was home all day.

We went back to the AT&T store and spoke to the gentlemen that helped us the first time. I asked him why we couldn't get service and he said that he had called them and they said they didn't know why. He also said that my file was updated for him not to call back and ask them why again, which doesn't make much sense to me. He even asked his manager was there anything else they could do and he said no.

We tried calling every cable company in the area and they all told us that AT&T owned the franchise in the area so they possibility of them running lines in our area was slim to none. I'm also betting that a tech never even came out to our home since my wife had been watching for them like a hawk. At this time I'm pretty lost on what to do, since this is our only real option for internet at this time. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (443 Views)

Re: Problems getting AT&T DSL/U-verse

[ Edited ]

@lightpaladin2007  wrote:

I hope I'm posting this in the correct area, so here it goes.....

I recently moved into a new home which was just built. However, the subdivision has been around since 2007ish I believe. Before moving in, we checked with a few neighbors to see what kind of internet service they had, the contractor that builds in the area told us it was AT&T, but we figured we would check for ourselves. Sure enough, the next door neighbor has U-verse and the houses in the cul de sac down from us also had U-verse or DSL (it varied). We decided to go down to the local AT&T store and have the schedule us to get U-verse or DSL, we didn't really care which one just as long as we could get some internet. Here's where the problems started....

The sales rep told us that our address wasn't showing up in their system as one that they service. I told him to put in the neighbor's address to see if it showed anything and of course it also said he didn't get service. I also told him about the rest of the houses in the area having AT&T and that there was even a grey AT&T box in our front yard. He decided to schedule a tech to come out and see what we could get.

A week later, I received a phone call from AT&T saying that we couldn't get DSL. The rep said the tech didn't say why, but that they would add a new ticket to the system to hook us up with U-verse since it was already in the area. The rep told us that it wouldn't be a problem to get U-verse or the tech wouldn't have suggested it. Well, a day later, I get another phone call from an AT&T rep saying that we couldn't get U-verse, again they didn't know why just said we couldn't. The tech was supposed to come to our house if we couldn't get service, but of course no one ever showed up and my wife was home all day.

We went back to the AT&T store and spoke to the gentlemen that helped us the first time. I asked him why we couldn't get service and he said that he had called them and they said they didn't know why. He also said that my file was updated for him not to call back and ask them why again, which doesn't make much sense to me. He even asked his manager was there anything else they could do and he said no.

We tried calling every cable company in the area and they all told us that AT&T owned the franchise in the area so they possibility of them running lines in our area was slim to none. I'm also betting that a tech never even came out to our home since my wife had been watching for them like a hawk. At this time I'm pretty lost on what to do, since this is our only real option for internet at this time. Any suggestions?

Yup, sometimes AT&T has trouble getting both legs in the same pair of pantsSmiley Wink

If Uverse is available in your neighborhood then they more than likely will not accept any new DSL customers.

As well, if you live in a managed and/or closed community, the governing body may have "made a deal" with AT&T. You might try aproaching them for a change in that.

In the mean time, you can send a private message to the escalation team at ATTU-verseCare and someone will get in touch with you shortly to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support