For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Dforester's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 9:55 PM

Outage for over 24 hours

I'm fairly new to ATT. In my new home, it's the only service that is available. Otherwise I would have stayed with Xfinity. There has been an outage in my area for over 24 hours. I've never seen an ISP take more than a few hours to get Internet back up and running. Is this a common occurrence with ATT?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Outages happen.  But in my area I've never had a 24-hour outage.  I would suggest you call ATT CS to verify they are aware of the outage and if they are have an estimate for completion.  It could be they aren't aware of any outage in your area and if so ask them to test your line (they can do it remotely).  They will also reboot your gateway.

Speaking of the gateway (your "modem").  Is the power light green?  Are the broadband(s) lights on?  Try rebooting your gateway (pull plug for about 15 second).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hey DForrester, do you happen to be in sunnyvale, ca? This is absolutely preposterous. No updates, customer service is useless. I had Time Warner/Spectrum the last 5 years and say what you want about them, but I never EVER had my internet down for over 2 hours. Crazy thing is I have Fiber as well- there should be no loss and less maintenance. Insane. Going to drop them for Xfinity if I can. Would rather have slower and steady than fast and none at all.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I should have qualified my earlier reply about contacting CS.  While the level 1 CS's you reach can test the line and reboot your RG, they don't have any way of knowing whether your area has an outage (indeed, IMO they usually don't know anything if it isn't on their "scripts").  You need to insist that they connect you to level 2 CS!  If they give you a hard time then ask for the level 1's manager.  Do not take "no" for an answer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm in the spring, TX area. They know about the outage, and I received a text at 1am saying service was restored. After a couple of reboots and additional calling, it's not restored. It's been almost 24 hours. I take online classes, do some of my work online, and homeschool my children with the Internet. Let's just say this has really affected my life. If it was a small problem, no way it would take 48 hours. If it was large, like they were upgrading.. Or something that would take 48 hours... they should have been courteous enough to tell us in advance so we could make other plans. Honestly, if you guys have the option, Xfinity was so much faster and customer service was phenomenal. I'm just stuck with ATT because of where I live.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I made a mistake in my last message. It's been almost 48 hours.. Not 24. They said it would take 48 at most. Ha!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We are in Spring, Texas also and all internet/phones cut off on Friday around 2:30-3:00 and no one has had service yet. My husband works from home. We have lost income from Friday and tomorrow is Monday. There has been construction (road widening) in our area. I suspect that a construction worker cut a line.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.