For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 4:26 PM

Closed

Knowledge Share: Fast Answers about Slow Internet

Questions about your Internet or WiFi? We’ve got answers on this live “Ask an Expert” session!

We have AT&T and Community experts available to answer all your questions.

Knowledge Share Invitation.jpg

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

8 years ago

Meet Your Panel for the May 25, 2016  Knowledge Share:  Fast Answers about Slow Internet!

ATTU-verseCare has been active in the forums since 2010 as a group of four AT&T Technical Managers (David, Chris, Jared, and Ani.) With a total of 25 years in the company, the team is always looking to share solutions with customers in the Community! The team tweets for @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService as a fun way to share all the community self-help tips.

Karthwyne – with 12 years of AT&T experience in advanced troubleshooting – invites you to try his baby, att.com/speedtest. For fun, he works on computers, and enjoys mountain hiking.

JefferMC started networking computers with async terminal cables in 1984. Today he’s a web application developer who enjoys online gaming, disc golf, ultimate Frisbee and cheering the University of South Carolina. He joined the AT&T Community Forums in November, 2009, answering U-verse questions.

Retired truck driver Mibrnsurg's (Michigan Brain Surgeon) motto is, "With just a few questions, I get them to the answer without the surgery." His data progression began with punch cards in 1969, culminating in AT&T U-verse internet in 2008 - when he began engaging in the community. In addition to "thanks" from fellow members, he also collects U.S. stamps and coins.

Rocking U-verse has been troubleshooting internet and connectivity issues since 1984. When he’s not rocking his AT&T U-verse Customer Care desk, he’s parenting his college and high-school aged children.

U.S. Army veteran and retired electrician Tigereyze209 is a former mainframe operator and self-taught PC guru who joined the community in December, 2014. He enjoys answering DSL-related questions, listening to audio books and walks on Florida beaches.

PHV1967 is a RF engineer with more than 25 years of experience in modulation and access Techniques, synchronization and noise/jamming Suppression, system Integration, EMI/EMC, Home security and automation including Smart Energy, wireless systems and networks. He enjoys playing soccer, traveling and hanging out with his family.

TangoTangoTango has been with AT&T & AT&T/Bell Labs for 29 years and previously worked in the Banking, Brokerage and Remote Computing businesses. His current work is focused on Outage Analysis and Innovation addressing issues in the wireless and wireline elements of our business. His interest in communications technologies began with gift of a crystal radio kit at age six from a neighbor and evolved as the Arpanet became the Internet. TangoTangoTango is also an active Scouter, camper, hockey fan and licensed Amateur Radio operator with an interest in resilient and sustainable systems.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

8 years ago

Welcome to the Ask an Expert session! This session is now open for all your questions and experts are on standby to assist.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

8 years ago

Is this the way it works?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I have AT&T GigaPower 1Gb Internet service at our house.  Basically my question is what can I reasonably expect in terms of max Internet speeds on wireless devices (e.g., iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2) through my AT&T (5268A) Residential Gateway?  AT&T tech support advised I should see 600+ Mbps on wireless devices, but currently I am topping out at 190 Mbps download (on the 5 Ghz band) and about 40 Mbps download (on the 2.4 band). I realize there are multiple factors (network congestion, environmental aspects, etc.) that affect Internet speed.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@wilcalint  Yes pose your problem and we will respond to you. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Well I need a booster or extender that would reach about 300 + ft from my uverse wifi to my guest house. I'm a woman so you will have to tell me what the easiest thing to do. I wish I would not have to run any cable or wires anywhere!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

25 + year customer with ATT and last 5-6 have been miserable.  Putting aside the constant rate increases (why is there not a contract, and I’m sick of subsidizing the low prices for new suckers that ATT is drawing in).  At least three times in the past 5-6  years my DSl service stopped completely and the tech had to fix something at the box half a mile away.  Also, the worst is the constant dropping out of service.  No, it’s not a filter problem; no it’s not the modem.  It’s ATT.  The best thing ATT is doing right now is making me not wanting to be a customer in the future.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Cheesed off customer   On all Uverse RGs, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems (Internet).

Disable IPv6 in all Uverse RGs info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-p/3860323#M382

If a 2wire/Pace/Arris RG (3800/3801/5031/5268) click the Go here link at top of the orange globe.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

8 years ago

OK lemme try this one. I've moved away from the ATT DNS server, by your recommendation. Why is this occuring and when, or if, will that get fixed. I'm using Google 8.8.8.8. & 8.8.6.6

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@wilcalint wrote:

OK lemme try this one. I've moved away from the ATT DNS server, by your recommendation. Why is this occuring and when, or if, will that get fixed. I'm using Google 8.8.8.8. & 8.8.6.6

@wilcalint   How is what occuring? Smiley Surprised

Edit:  Google secondary is 8.8.4.4

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.